User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Then where's the wonderful FDA? I thought it's purpose was to protect society.
    LOL, surely you can't be serious. There is a revolving door between the FDA and Monsanto. Michael Taylor, the current head of the FDA, is a former Monsanto VP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...dZcQ_blog.html
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Fyi Mal+, we've discussed Monsanto on this forum before.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ion-world.html
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL, surely you can't be serious. There is a revolving door between the FDA and Monsanto. Michael Taylor, the current head of the FDA, is a former Monsanto VP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...dZcQ_blog.html
    Drats! I want to know which veggies are the GMOs so I can buy them and eat them.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes Dyslexxie, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Most anti-GMO people are right up there with anti-vaccine people. Granted, I actually have recently heard some fair arguments to be against anti-GMO due to their downstream effect on pesticides. That's fair. Though it's not even an argument against GMO's, but more that we should still remain cautious to how it can effect other organisms effective evolution, and the chemical requirement to maintain GMO crops, or others near it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Dyslexxie, JocktheMotie liked this post

For we know, anyone who has a "reputation" can be bought as well, to use their background credentials to get a foothold on what they want to achieve.
    Martin Boettcher 2 years ago
    I am a farmer, a rancher, and a memeber of the Canadian GM alfalfa coexistence comittee. I have seen the effects of GMO in my livestock, in humans, and to the economy and my rural collegues. Mark is either not very intelligent or a criminal for saying these things. I hope he reads this!
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hate Monsanto because of their unethical bullying monopolies and because of pesticides. The reason I support organic farming is because the methods of farming utilized since WWII have stripped our land of vital nutrients, it's counter productive to sustainable farming.

The GMO debate is more similar to global warming than vaccines. ..it's more of a gray scientific area than an extremist cause, one I'd rather err on the side of caution for. Why? Because most people who argue FOR GMO crops feeding humanity tend to have a rather simple minded view of ecology, not grasping that, yes Virginia, animal agriculture is using up 30 percent of land, destroying the rain forest at an unimaginable rate, polluting water, affecting other crops, wasting grain, perpetuating cruelty, even if you don't believe in global warming, there's simply no rational defense for continuing to farm animals at the rate we do (the Carnegie Mellon study was insanely twisted by the media, the scientist themselves expressed regret at how "pro -meat " types twisted it into journalistic pseudo - science).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The GMO debate is more similar to global warming than vaccines. ..it's more of a gray scientific area than an extremist cause, one I'd rather err on the side of caution for.
    The issue is most of the anti-GMO press and talk is focused on "scary genetics! we can't play god! oh noes!", which has been debunked in every which way, and shouldn't have even needed to be debunked in the first place. That was a lot of the rationalle (though not all) behind an anti-GMO bill that almost passed via voter refurrandum in Oregon 2 years ago. Thankfully it was shot down.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Dyslexxie, /DG/ liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Are you under the impression that organic farms don't use pesticides?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii