User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Default The reason I don't get involved in politics at all

Politics look really interesting from the outside actually, and i've tried to read up on stuff the government is doing before, but the fact remains that I can find more truth about controversial stuff in a web-based comic strip than i have even seen in years of forum-surfing and serious discussion.

just food for thought, humanity is disappointing.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    Politics look really interesting from the outside actually, and i've tried to read up on stuff the government is doing before, but the fact remains that I can find more truth about controversial stuff in a web-based comic strip than i have even seen in years of forum-surfing and serious discussion.

just food for thought, humanity is disappointing.
    1: Infographics and comics make it easier for the consumer to digest what is the problem. It is a means of communication for people who don't get into politics. The average consumer probably do not know quite a lot of jargon going on or don't have that spare time to digest the information: TPP, ITU, CISPA, Trapwire, IPPA, CETA, Libor. Most of time, people take the information that is thrown to them.

2: Get deeper into politics, the average consumer do not know what goes on in their own government, this includes the U.S.. People think that it is all Obama and Romney, that is just 1% of what goes on in politics. The other 99% happens behind the scenes. It is sad that not many of them know who Paul Ryan is when his policies DOES affect them.

3: But yes, that comics sums up a bit of that topic, hahaha.

4: Have you heard those types of issues are generally used as a distraction to the "real" issues?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

1: makes sense
    2: i just assumed that evry government operates 99% behind the scenes
    3: indeed
    4: not really surprised.

what i meant though were the annoying people who keep blasting their stubborn opinions about those topics, and the opinions arent even that well thought through. i view it as talking to a troll, logic will never sway them so just walk away.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

■Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.
    EInstein

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I don't blame you. It seems unchangeable. When we feel powerless over something we ignore it as a way of decreasing its significance.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    [B]
    2: Get deeper into politics, the average consumer do not know what goes on in their own government, this includes the U.S.. People think that it is all Obama and Romney, that is just 1% of what goes on in politics. The other 99% happens behind the scenes. It is sad that not many of them know who Paul Ryan is when his policies DOES affect them.
    A good deal of what Paul Ryan and his fellow representatives do is not behind the scenes, and people still have no idea. That's the sad thing. You don't even need to hide things. People don't pay attention.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

It takes a good bit of nerve to be a hardcore Libertarian. It often results in being scoffed at by both Repubs and Demos. It's a fringe group but I will forever and always be a super Libertarian and continue to take the scoffing till I'm lowered 6 feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    It takes a good bit of nerve to be a hardcore Libertarian. It often results in being scoffed at by both Repubs and Demos. It's a fringe group but I will forever and always be a super Libertarian and continue to take the scoffing till I'm lowered 6 feet under.
    Any group that isn't Democrat or Republican are scoffed at. It is really why there are "only two" parties when it comes to the U.S.

I'm still waiting for that one party that won't get absorb by either two. But chances are, it is dangerous to the establishment, so they do everything they can to absorb you.

The Tea Party is just a sub-group of the Republican Party (or pretty is part of the Republican Party) while the Occupy Movement hasn't gotten seats yet (no voice but on the streets.)

WALMART

Life sucks.

I used to enjoy politics, but now I've grown tiresome and frankly, put out.

I just want to live and hope whoever society votes in isn't hitler v2. I suppose it's not much to ask.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

@acronach
    Politics really isn't that complicated. The motives are clear, the intentions are simple, statements and actions are of course in direct conflict but that's why I ignore statements.
    And you can find truth in alot of places, read many news sources and compare them to eachother filling in the gaps by observing and accommodating all biases. And yes it's hard, but that doesn't mean you should stop.

Now, what exactly was it that made you give up on politics?
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.