Enneagram
    8w9

It should now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, anyhoo, I'm happy there are some evangelical scholars and scientists out there who are professional enough to deserve those appellations.

*struggles futilely to stay on topic, since we've already heard this other shit repeatedly, usual suspects*
    I'm with you... I do find it encouraging. Although I was bad and did post a link to an article about Barton's book being pulled on my facebook wall; I was motivated by my identical twin brother liking WallBuilders (Barton's organization).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I'm with you... I do find it encouraging. Although I was bad and did post a link to an article about Barton's book being pulled on my facebook wall; I was motivated by my identical twin brother liking WallBuilders (Barton's organization).
    Yeah, we simply hear about the cranks, due to the sensationalist aspects... It's about time the names of other guys with faith but more credibility get their names in the paper and become more publicly recognizable. I think there's a lot of decent, balanced individuals on both sides who end up flying under the radar because only the people at extremes typically get coverage.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

I like Francis's liberal use of "crappy".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, we simply hear about the cranks, due to the sensationalist aspects... It's about time the names of other guys with faith but more credibility get their names in the paper and become more publicly recognizable. I think there's a lot of decent, balanced individuals on both sides who end up flying under the radar because only the people at extremes typically get coverage.
    As an ex-fundamentalist, I entirely agree. People like Barton do more harm than good to both sides. He's easy for the liberals, academics and the non-religious to mock and discredit (given he lack of actually being fact-based), yet can lead religious conservatives badly astray (by presenting a more palatable, "patriotic" and consistent past).