User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I'm decidedly "anti-drug" (personally), but used to have a habit of smoking a lot of weed. I quit cold turkey, and never looked back. I didn't experience any withdrawals, and that's my definition of a non addicting drug. I know what withdrawal can feel like.. I've quit other things with great irritance and difficulty. I know how my body responds. There's a clear distinction on what was addictive.

i really love bhang chocolates.
    probably the only edibles i like.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm decidedly "anti-drug" (personally), but used to have a habit of smoking a lot of weed. I quit cold turkey, and never looked back. I didn't experience any withdrawals, and that's my definition of a non addicting drug. I know what withdrawal can feel like.. I've quit other things with great irritance and difficulty. I know how my body responds. There's a clear distinction on what was addictive.
    I'm not anti-drug but i've smoked weed for months-year straight quit one day and was like alright life is good went on with my life. now i smoke once a month and 2 hits, because that's all my body can handle these days. i mean if i started smoking every day again i'd need more than 2 hits, but for now i'll be with friends smoke two hits be pleasantly high for a few hours come down go home and have a grand ole time
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I think your doctor was just looking out for you with the muscle relaxants. While you are claiming you felt no withdrawl symptoms (except insomnia, which is enough imo) that's usually not true for people who use that type of prescription medicine. It is true that most people who smoke or use weed do not experience withdrawl or addiction. As @prplchknz said, weed addiction is more "psychological". Whether you believe there is any distinction in addiction or not, there is a general point to what she is saying, which is that weed addiction is much different than, say, an addiction to muscle relaxants or heroin or what have you. So, rationally, it is really no surprise that your doctor would consider medical pot to be less of a gamble than muscle relaxants.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think your doctor was just looking out for you with the muscle relaxants. While you are claiming you felt no withdrawl symptoms (except insomnia, which is enough imo) that's usually not true for people who use that type of prescription medicine. It is true that most people who smoke or use weed do not experience withdrawl or addiction. As @prplchknz said, weed addiction is more "psychological". Whether you believe there is any distinction in addiction or not, there is a general point to what she is saying, which is that weed addiction is much different than, say, an addiction to muscle relaxants or heroin or what have you. So, rationally, it is really no surprise that your doctor would consider medical pot to be less of a gamble than muscle relaxants.
    yes yes yes and yes.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Mal you need to smoke marijuana more than almost anyone else on the forum. This applies to @the_U and @Fireshield87as well

just for the hell of it I'll throw @Lark in the mix as well
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The real question is should I smoke less of it.

MBTI
    yupp

the op sounds like an addict, i don't need soma but i need it for pain, nothing else will work no other muscle relaxers i need soma, but i'm not addicted to it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Mal you need to smoke marijuana more than almost anyone else on the forum. This applies to @the_U and @Fireshield87as well

just for the hell of it I'll throw @Lark in the mix as well
    No. No you wont.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lol, you know I'm just kidding around right? There are many beautiful experiences available to us in life @Lark you are always the one in control of which you choose to allow into your soul of course
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.