First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Why is anyone happy that anyone's dead? Death isn't justice.
    It takes quite a few extremes for a trend to stop, although bullying will probably never stop, this will probably prevent far many more like it from happening.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It takes quite a few extremes for a trend to stop, although bullying will probably never stop, this will probably prevent far many more like it from happening.
    We don't know if it will influence prevention. So my question still stands.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

We've got enough people in the world.

The fact that this kid now doesn't have the opportunity to pass the cycle of abuse on to any potential kids he may have had in the future is a good thing.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Wait a minute someone kills a bully and the gut reaction is to take the bully's quarter? WTF kind of power/aggressor identified culture do you live in?
    He's half Korean lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'd really hope that this true but I dont think that bullies weigh the odds and do a risk assessment about their behaviour, there was a good thread before about bullies and bullying which bucked the trend about bullies having low self-esteem too, I liked that thread.

Like I heard from one of the victims of either the Batman premier shooting or another recent past shooting if weapons availability meant that society was safer then the US would be the safest place in the world already, whether more people carry guns or not.

So I'm not optimistic that any ripple effect will come out of this but I am glad, like I said before, that the kid isnt getting criminalised for his behaviour, he's been through enough.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    We've got enough people in the world.

The fact that this kid now doesn't have the opportunity to pass the cycle of abuse on to any potential kids he may have had in the future is a good thing.
    Anybody has the potential to pass a cycle of abuse on to others. Is abuse something to be happy about? No. But killing is the abuse of life. Happiness for the death of others is sadism, pure and simple. Furthermore, one can end a life without being happy about it.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Who cares? Jorge was approached by multiple people, all of whom were potential aggressors, while retreating. If flight doesn't work, then it's either you, or them. The threat must be neutralized, and not everyone has a black belt in martial arts to incapacitate a single opponent in the process of sending a message to any surrounding threats. Not only that, but the aggressors knew he had a knife and proceeded anyway. I honestly don't see how anyone could premeditate a fight with someone while unarmed without also ganging up on them, and if Jorge knew that too, then he probably also knew that he had to do whatever was necessary to bring an end to it.
    ^THIS!

@Swivelinglight
    not the same thing.
    - a scared 14 year old being bullied and physically assaulted by a 16 year old without the option of fleeing is not the same as spitting in someone's eye and getting killed for it.
    - do you think the kid wanted to kill him? he probably feels terrible about it. he did it because he was forced into a situation where he felt his safety was in jeopardy and he chose his own well being over this aggressors
    - also, more important than the logical reasoning behind it, he tried fleeing, it didn't work, so he retaliated. fight or flight. you can't hold someone responsible for a forced instinctual response the same way you can for a logical fallacy, especially when he made an attempt at flight and was clearly scared for his life. this is not a crime of passion or violence, it was a natural instinctual response to what was perceived (probably quite legitimately) as a serious thread to one's physical safety. would you have a poor, defenseless 14 year old victim of bullying go to jail for 7 years for that?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I dont think that, like I said its tragic but I dont think criminalising or punishing the defendent would have changed anything, the authorities got this right.

Anybody has the potential to pass a cycle of abuse on to others. Is abuse something to be happy about? No. But killing is the abuse of life. Happiness for the death of others is sadism, pure and simple. Furthermore, one can end a life without being happy about it.
    I think that's true, I think that its important not to harden your heart in such a way that violence or the loss of life just doesnt phase you at all, that sort of meanness was something I experienced in my teens, I am so, so glad that it didnt take root in me because I could see how it would only lead to spending time in a string of institutions until you're old or luck out with some professionals prepared to take your quarter on things.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I wasn't trying to convince you.

As your post has made clear that would be patently impossible.