User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 195

  1. #161
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I don't know if that was supposed to refer to anything I said, but I don't think that helpless versus able to defend himself should make a huge difference in a case like this. Actually, if he was truly helpless this case never would have occured, because he wouldn't have fought back. He would have gotten the crap beat out of him, and who knows, he may have died. (Oh, and since the fight was apparently planned by the bully, if he had died, that would have been murder, likely in the first degree.)
    How was the fight planned by the bully? I missed that bit. I know he instigated it, but planned seems weird.

    This kid was prepared in his own way too, by carrying a knife around.. so whatever.

  2. #162
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    How was the fight planned by the bully? I missed that bit. I know he instigated it, but planned seems weird.

    This kid was prepared in his own way too, by carrying a knife around.. so whatever.
    Apparently everyone seemed to know that this guy was going to go after the kid. I'm not sure about how it was leaked, but it was definitely planned.
    ...

  3. #163
    Senior Member acronach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp
    Posts
    306

    Default

    my feelings on the matter:

    -good for the kid that stabbed him, 1 less bully in the world
    -to all people who would call this a schoolyard fight and say that the knife was unjustified, 6 kids, each of them twice your size, follow you off the bus. one of them starts to hit you. you're saying that if you had a weapon that was able to stop the biggest beatdown of your life, you wouldn't use it?

    my opinions on the matter:

    -the kid was in the right when he drew the knife
    -the kid was in the right when he used the knife, if he didn't, the bullys would've taken it in stead of letting him scare them. too many people with too many muscles.
    -the kid was in the wrong when he killed the guy
    -the kid was in the wrong when he went on a rampage and stabbed him multiple times
    -the bullies were in the wrong from the very beginning when they started picking on the kid, in a way, they deserved it

    lets roleplay a little:

    -if i were the kid, i would've either gouged the bullies eyes out so he couldnt see me and then ran, laugh my ass off later at the bully trying to learn brail, or just dug the knife into the back of his knee so he couldn't chase me when i ran away
    -if i were that kid and i truly intended to kill someone, i would've just done 1 stab in the throat. quick, efficient, and looks better in the courtroom.
    -if i were the judge, i would've made the exact same decision as the rl judge made

    -if i were a politician in that state, in response to the incident i would've tried to pass a law that lets all kids who ask for it take a self-defense class in school. the parents will have no say in weather or not their kids take the class, it will be completely up to the student. the class will be designed to show the students how to incapacitate a stronger opponent without killing them.
    all public highschools will be required to offer this class by a certain date and will be given a slight budget increase to help them do so. all public middle schools will not be required to have the class but will be given a budget incentive only after they start offering the class. all private schools will not be required to have the class, but will be given a tax incentive after they start offering the class.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

    Like a Baws

    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

  4. #164
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,480

    Default

    It's funny, usually the word 'bully' is a red flag word.. magnifynig what is actually happening. But in this case, it's being used to play down what the perp was doing, actually assaulting this kid and threatening to assault and do more bodily harm to him. At what point does the kid need to decide the 'bully' doesn't intend to cripple or kill him? After the harm is already done?

    EDIT: I'm not saying that I condone killing people, or that this was the best choice for the kid to make.. I really don't think it was. But I think the label 'bully' is really not doing a service to the issue.

  5. #165
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    -to all people who would call this a schoolyard fight and say that the knife was unjustified, 6 kids, each of them twice your size, follow you off the bus. one of them starts to hit you. you're saying that if you had a weapon that was able to stop the biggest beatdown of your life, you wouldn't use it?
    I've gotten in fights with multiple people before. So no, I wouldn't use a knife. Not that I'm against defending yourself with knives, but to me, it's overkill.. especially at this age. I'm sure there are a few exceptions, but 15 year olds generally don't cause that much damage in fights to warrant stabbing back. It's different if it's a barfight and you're grown men. I hesitate at letting anything like that happen now, because I see what you can do as an adult.. some guys can fuck each other up hard. But it's much different in highschool (with fists).

  6. #166
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    so everyones going to ignore the info as heresay when the other highschoolers say Dylan & Jorge had been going back at each other?
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    so everyones going to ignore the info as heresay when the other highschoolers say Dylan & Jorge had been going back at each other?
    Yes, because it contradicts the mental image of the situation that occurs in their mind. After all, in their experiences being bullied they never went back and forth with the bully. No they were just victims, so surely Jorge is only a victim as well.....any evidence to the contrary will be rightly ignored.

  8. #168
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Yes, because it contradicts the mental image of the situation that occurs in their mind. After all, in their experiences being bullied they never went back and forth with the bully. No they were just victims, so surely Jorge is only a victim as well.....any evidence to the contrary will be rightly ignored.
    Please... According to the article, the altercations all had Dylan Nuno (The "bully") as the instigator.
    including one instance on the bus when something was lobbed from the back, where Dylan Nuno sat, to the front, where Saavedra was.
    it does describe “taunting comments” from Dylan Nuno and two other male teens shortly before the fight.
    Also, if we're going to talk about information that has been neglected, I've been basing all of my opinions off of the fight being just between the victim and the defendant. While,
    Accompanied by several students, Dylan Nuno, a junior, followed Saavedra, a freshman, off the bus.
    suggests that he had backup.
    ...

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post

    Also, if we're going to talk about information that has been neglected, I've been basing all of my opinions off of the fight being just between the victim and the defendant. While,
    When I say there was back and forth. It came straight from the mouth of the student witness videos who said they had a "beef". I am not saying the back and forth was only occuring during the day of the stabbing. I'm talking about during the whole school year.

    As for backup. None of us know the extent of the audience. Nor do we know how close the audience was to the fight or if Jorge had reason to believe the audience would be used as backup. As the student witness said the "beef" was between Jorge and Nuno there's reason to believe that it would be only between those two. Again, we don't know for sure so to claim "suggests that he had backup" is quite rash in this situation.



    I do concede one point however. The use of the knife probably was a natural reaction contrary to my initial impression. I've never been in a fight where I used weapons but I will take the word of the users here for it. With that said, it supports Smiley's argument that this was indeed manslaughter as he acted in the passion of the moment.

  10. #170
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    When I say there was back and forth. It came straight from the mouth of the student witness videos who said they had a "beef". I am not saying the back and forth was only occuring during the day of the stabbing. I'm talking about during the whole school year.

    As for backup. None of us know the extent of the audience. Nor do we know how close the audience was to the fight or if Jorge had reason to believe the audience would be used as backup. As the student witness said the "beef" was between Jorge and Nuno there's reason to believe that it would be only between those two. Again, we don't know for sure so to claim "suggests that he had backup" is quite rash in this situation.



    I do concede one point however. The use of the knife probably was a natural reaction contrary to my initial impression. I've never been in a fight where I used weapons but I will take the word of the users here for it. With that said, it supports Smiley's argument that this was indeed manslaughter as he acted in the passion of the moment.
    Sorry, where is this video? I haven't watched it, and I feel I could better respond if I could see it.
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. 15 Year Old INTP
    By AveryFB in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-13-2017, 01:47 PM
  2. 15 year old Genius: Who's gonna claim him?
    By Stansmith in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 02:20 AM
  3. 18 year old girl expelled for having same sex relationship with a 15 year old.
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO