User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Holy shit, that is fucking idiotic. I can't believe some of you think this is justice, killing someone for being a bully.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Holy shit, that is fucking idiotic. I can't believe some of you think this is justice, killing someone for being a bully.
    Are you really going to try to condense this whole situation into "he was killed because he was a bully"? *sigh*

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Are you really going to try to condense this whole situation into "he was killed because he was a bully"? *sigh*
    What is so sigh worthy exactly?
    This whole situation condenses down to two things : If you think he deserves to be sentenced for killing another individual(if you think the "Stand Your Ground" applies here), and if you think killing the kid was justified. I never said the whole thread is condensed into my post.
    I can't help but cut around the bullshit. The kid killed him because he bullied him, and he had enough once he punched him at the back of the head. Kid killed bully.
    My post was solely directed towards everyone saying "good on him, bullies suck", hence my shock, and my post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    What is so sigh worthy exactly?
    This whole situation condenses down to two things : If you think he deserves to be sentenced for killing another individual, and if you think killing the kid was justified. I never said the whole thread is condensed into my post.
    I can't help but cut around the bullshit. The kid killed him because he bullied him, and he had enough once he punched him at the back of the head. Kid killed bully.
    My post was solely directed towards everyone saying "good on him, bullies suck", hence my shock, and my post.
    Sorry for the sigh, then. It wasn't really justified, and I apologize. I just get fed up with people generalizing, and assuming that they know all of the facts, but I see now that I was doing just that with my response to your post.

I believe that he killed the boy, not because he bullied him, but because he thought his life was in danger. I don't think that he would have tried so hard to avoid the fight in the first place had he wanted to kill the bully rather than simply be left alone.

Yes, he did kill someone, but under the right circumstances, using lethal force is justifiable. The whole argument here is whether or not it was justifiable in this situation. I was slightly annoyed by your original post, seemingly dismissing it as not justifiable, without providing any reasons, which was part of the reason for the tone of my post, again, I'm sorry.

I don't think that it was right to kill him because he was a bully, I feel that it was justified because he apparently felt his life was in danger. Of course, you're welcome to your own interpretation of the events, it hardly matters, only the jurors' opinions really count. And excuse me for not crying myself to sleep over the death of someone who enjoys picking on those weaker than himself.

weaker than himself.
    I don't think we can be sure of that. We don't know what was possible for him (without a knife). Sometimes just fighting a bully back is good enough. I'll speak from experience on that. I've been hit back before. A punch is a punch. Some people have a lot in them. At an earlier age, I was the bullied kid - and I did the same.

This guy was asking for it, but at the same time.. I think this was overkill. It'd actually be better if people were more used to violence, insteading of letting it build up and be so crazy when it happens.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think we can be sure of that. We don't know what was possible for him (without a knife). Sometimes just fighting a bully back is good enough. I'll speak from experience on that. I've been hit back before. A punch is a punch. Some people have a lot in them. At an earlier age, I was the bullied kid - and I did the same.

This guy was asking for it, but at the same time.. I think this was overkill. It'd actually be better if people were more used to violence, insteading of letting it build up and be so crazy when it happens.
    It's an expression, I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. Usually bullies target those that they don't think will fight back, physical strength isn't always the only determining factor. It could mean psychologically weaker as well.

It's always somewhat fun to try to figure out why people choose to quote and respond to parts that had little to nothing to do with my argument. I mean, that wasn't even a whole sentence out of that multi-paragraph post.

It's an expression, I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. Usually bullies target those that they don't think will fight back, physical strength isn't always the only determining factor. It could mean psychologically weaker as well.

It's always somewhat fun to try to figure out why people choose to quote and respond to parts that had little to nothing to do with my argument. I mean, that wasn't even a whole sentence out of that multi-paragraph post.
    I quoted more, but thought I should focus on this.. because the theme being repeated (in general) is that he was a helpless victim and needed a knife. I doubt that. And I say that to his credit. To any bullied kid's credit, for that matter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I quoted more, but thought I should focus on this.. because the theme being repeated (in general) is that he was a helpless victim and needed a knife. I doubt that. And I say that to his credit. To any bullied kid's credit, for that matter.
    I don't know if that was supposed to refer to anything I said, but I don't think that helpless versus able to defend himself should make a huge difference in a case like this. Actually, if he was truly helpless this case never would have occured, because he wouldn't have fought back. He would have gotten the crap beat out of him, and who knows, he may have died. (Oh, and since the fight was apparently planned by the bully, if he had died, that would have been murder, likely in the first degree.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

At least he didn't get beat up, brood about it, dress in black and kill a bunch of kids at his school.

I feel concerned that I actually kind of think that.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Also, being physically weaker doesn't necessarily make you helpless. There were many other routes this kid could have gone to help himself, to defend himself. He went to a knife. Again, I think laws like Stand Your Ground reinforce negative behavior associated with a victim mentality.
    ( . )( . )