User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 195

  1. #101
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Why? I guess I don't know about stabbing someone. Why is 5 more horrible than 1?
    i dont think stabbing should be an option, but if he saw it as a defend, why be excessive? 12 times seems a bit much to stop a guy from punching you in the back of the head. did he want to kill him? his actions belie his intentions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Actually, one might be worse. To me it implies that the guy knows what he/she is doing and has good aim...
    were talking about an angry 14 year old. not Assassin Creed.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  2. #102
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Saavedra had been warned of the fight the entire day. He showed the knife to two people on the bus that afternoon. It is clear that he intended to use it in the fight. Of course he would have prefered escape, but if it came to a confrontation he was prepared to use it.
    And why does him having a knife on him prove that he planned to use it for murder? As I've said, I regularly carry several, I don't plan on murdering anyone with them, and the fact that you would imply that someone carrying a knife automatically intends on using them/it on someone is frankly insulting.
    ...

  3. #103
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    My reaction:

    I can't really say what my ruling would be without having a lot more details. The article made it sound like Jorge knew that fight was going to happen and preemptively brought a knife to school. In his mind he had decided he was going to knife this kid if he tried to beat him up again. (??) He stabbed him 12 times. That's scary. I'm not saying I am siding with the bully, but those details are making me think twice. In my opinion, this is another case of how stupid this Stand Your Ground Law is. Instead of finding alternative to killing someone, people are just going for it, feeling it is their right. Jorge, knowing that he was going to be attacked, could have sought out help, not a knife.

    This reminds me of a Masterpiece Theatre production I saw as a teenager called The Jury. It told a story similar to this one. I remember feeling that my ethical standpoint on the situation wasn't clear, which was odd for me.
    ( . )( . )

  4. #104
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    were talking about an angry 14 year old. not Assassin Creed.
    Funny that you would assume that I'm thinking of a video game.

    The fact that he's a 14 year old doesn't change my point. If someone stabs someone only once, it tends to imply that they either knew what they were doing or they freaked out and ran away. Actually, that comment had nothing to do with the situation, and I'm surprised that you chose that to quote out of all of the other things I've said.
    ...

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Actually, I see no reason that anyone in decent shape wouldn't be capable of killing someone weaker than them without a weapon.

    You need to warn me when you edit things in, it makes it seem like I'm ignoring part of your argument.
    Ahh. Sorry about that. I felt I needed to clarify.

    I agree it is possible to kill someone with bare hands. However, the argument you all are saying is that because the bully showed intent to harm (punching, threats) he would go to the extreme length to actually kill the victim. Considering how much effort it would cause along with the social stigma associated with the methods necessary to kill someone while being unarmed (with a crowd observing) it does not compute that there would be any fear of death.

  6. #106
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Ahh. Sorry about that. I felt I needed to clarify.

    I agree it is possible to kill someone with bare hands. However, the argument you all are saying is that because the bully showed intent to harm (punching, threats) he would go to the extreme length to actually kill the victim. Considering how much effort it would cause along with the social stigma associated with the methods necessary to kill someone while being unarmed (with a crowd observing) it does not compute that there would be any fear of death.
    You may be surprised by how many stories there are of a "standard" fist fight ending in death. All it takes is hitting the person the right way, or having them fall over onto something.
    ...

  7. #107
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    like a knife?

    He ran into my knife ten times

    /scene
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  8. #108
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    like a knife?
    Clever. Yeah, that would be one thing that you could fall onto and die from.
    ...

  9. #109
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Ahh. Sorry about that. I felt I needed to clarify.

    I agree it is possible to kill someone with bare hands. However, the argument you all are saying is that because the bully showed intent to harm (punching, threats) he would go to the extreme length to actually kill the victim. Considering how much effort it would cause along with the social stigma associated with the methods necessary to kill someone while being unarmed (with a crowd observing) it does not compute that there would be any fear of death.
    If he had a fear of death, all he had to do was disable Dylan. I think 1, 2 stabs might have done it.
    ( . )( . )

  10. #110
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think 1, 2 stabs might have done it.
    Yeah, one in the gut would drop most people, I'd assume.
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. 15 Year Old INTP
    By AveryFB in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-13-2017, 01:47 PM
  2. 15 year old Genius: Who's gonna claim him?
    By Stansmith in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 02:20 AM
  3. 18 year old girl expelled for having same sex relationship with a 15 year old.
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO