User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

@Wolfie

If buying the hotdogs, cooking them properly, and selling them back to customers is not 'working for it' then I don't know what is.

Yeah ok maybe the hotdog stand can't pay for the nice plaza it's sitting on. This is probably true. But if I had to choose between a nice plaza and making a living, that damn plaza is gonna go.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    @Wolfie

If buying the hotdogs, cooking them properly, and selling them back to customers is not 'working for it' then I don't know what is.

Yeah ok maybe the hotdog stand can't pay for the nice plaza it's sitting on. This is probably true. But if I had to choose between a nice plaza and making a living, that damn plaza is gonna go.
    I was referring merely to the argument that they shouldn't be allowed to set up shop because they weren't contributing to the "substantial assessments" that the other business owners have to pay annually. I dislike that line of reasoning.
    ( . )( . )

Really, this is the main thing I hate about modern society: "Paperwork". And by paperwork, I mean a whole slew of regulatory and legalistic expectations in our society. We've stopped becoming human beings when you even can't set up a measely food stand, and casually make your way in the world. Everything is so fucking tedious. I can't put my finger on all of it.. It's why some of us sincerely wish there'd be an actual zombie apocalypse. Wipe the slate clean.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I still don't understand how such a statute would be relevant when the boy is setting up on private property with permission. He's not setting up on the sidewalk or the park or wherever else these dicks think they have a right to bully people.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I was referring merely to the argument that they shouldn't be allowed to set up shop because they weren't contributing to the "substantial assessments" that the other business owners have to pay annually. I dislike that line of reasoning.
    Me too.

Bit of catch 22 there. They pay for the location because they are the ones using it. Since they are the ones using it, they get the benefits of the location, which allows them to continue paying for it.

This is merely having a share of 'contributing to the location' with a side of 'keeping out any competition'.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I still don't understand how such a statute would be relevant when the boy is setting up on private property with permission. He's not setting up on the sidewalk or the park or wherever else these dicks think they have a right to bully people.
    Yea, that's not very clear. Sounds like the area was some sort of larger business park that was communally maintained.

Edit: In other words, it wasn't within that single business' power to make the decision to let them set up.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Am I missing something? The kid is 13 right? Isn't that reason enough to not let him do it? Not that I personally care. I think it's awesome he tried to do it and should be allowed to.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Me too.

Bit of catch 22 there. They pay for the location because they are the ones using it. Since they are the ones using it, they get the benefits of the location, which allows them to continue paying for it.

This is merely having a share of 'contributing to the location' with a side of 'keeping out any competition'.
    Haha. It's mostly greed, in my opinion, and a skewed perspective on fairness.
    ( . )( . )

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    This is so stupid.
    why do you think so?

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Am I missing something? The kid is 13 right? Isn't that reason enough to not let him do it? Not that I personally care. I think it's awesome he tried to do it and should be allowed to.
    Hm... Is there a minimum working age if you are working for a family business? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong.
    ( . )( . )