User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Paul Ryan actually avoids social issues when compared with the rest of the party.

The more time I have to think about the pick, the more I think its the right one.
    Even if he hasn't been vocal, his voting history still suggests he HAS a stance. And almost always a stance I disagree with. http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Even if he hasn't been vocal, his voting history still suggests he HAS a stance. And almost always a stance I disagree with. http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/
    I don't see the country moving to the right on social issues legislatively.

Republicans will continue to bitch about it, but things are moving forward.

Should they come to power I have no worries about them getting anything that takes away rights through congress.

Social issues are a loser for the republicans and they know it. They still use it to gin up the base, but they will be dragged (kicking and screaming) to left on social issues as time passes.

Right now I'm more concerned with fiscal issues than with anything else.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't see the country moving to the right on social issues legislatively.

Republicans will continue to bitch about it, but things are moving forward.

Should they come to power I have no worries about them getting anything that takes away rights through congress.

Social issues are a loser for the republicans and they know it. They still use it to gin up the base, but they will be dragged (kicking and screaming) to left on social issues as time passes.

Right now I'm more concerned with fiscal issues than with anything else.
    Yeah, I don't expect anything to move backwards from this point on, but it also effectively prevents any legislation form being passed 'in favor of' and essentially halts any progression. I guess I can see how/why one one prioritize an issue like deficit spending over that, but I think my frustration lies in... just not knowing where to prioritize certain things.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhdXfCdaA8&t=0s"].[/YOUTUBE]
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    And all I think that really reflects, as with so, so many other congressmen, is that their party votes as a solid bloc. That they either don't stand on their personal convictions, and compromise to fit the party's total platform (because how can so many people agree with such uniformity on such a wide range of issues?), or that the parties have disseminated their whole-packaged platforms as a "coherent" political philosophy enough that people are starting to believe it from sheer volume of numbers and news articles.

I think that might be a natural effect of our age of widespread mass media.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I feel like there should be stiffer qualifications on who runs for government positions. Like having studied economics.
    ( . )( . )

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

obama losing would be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The pick does a very good job of clarifying Romney's stance on several issues.
    I don't think Ryan represents Romney's stance on anything. It is designed to lend Romney, a politician who puts on a different hat for each occasion, a more solid image.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's much better than the Palin choice. Rmoney might actually get some independents to vote for him with this one.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't think Ryan represents Romney's stance on anything. It is designed to lend Romney, a politician who puts on a different hat for each occasion, a more solid image.
    He really doesn't.

Romney is just a more moderate conservative, than the base is comfortable with. Romney does change hats, but only to play to a conservative base he doesn't really agree with.