User Tag List

MBTI
    intp

Default Digital TV required by law

in feb 2009, a lot of people with analog tvs will turn them on with no results. if you can't afford the new digital tv boxes, big brother will help you pay for them. consider this thoughtfully.

ALL-DIGITAL TELEVISION IS COMING (AND SOONER THAN YOU THINK!)
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    ENTP

mark of the beast
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    mark of the beast
    Pretty sure people said that when TVs were in homes for the first time, then probably again with VCRs, so on and so fourth.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well if you don't like it just toss the TV into the trash, that way you won't have to pay anymore for becoming stupider.

MBTI
    INTP

You only get 90 days from when the coupon is issued before it expires. There could even be a lag time of a few weeks from your request being generated and you getting the thing in the mail, with time already expiring.

Right now I think the no-frills boxes are in the mid $60's. MediaOne, I think it is, is supposedly going to have one for $39.99. Initially when the manufacturers went before congress they said they could make these for about $39.99, hence the $40 coupons. THen in the spirit of auto mechanic estimates came back and said, "ehh, it's gonna be a little more." But as congress had already set aside the budget and the coupons had been printed (sans the address & date) they just decided to let the consumer fork out $25 for free tv.

I'm kinda surprised at the date for the mandatory conversion. Like middle of February and not at least March 1 after the end of Feb sweeps have concluded. I'm pretty sure NBC won't make the switch until after Feb 1, when they air the Super Bowl.