First 4567 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The problem with the internet is that I can't tell if you're serious or just fucking with me...
    Only if some wives being naively fucktarded is an excuse.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

One possible way to look at this problem: there's some degree of tradeoff between (a) allowing the medical consequence (by not providing vaccines) and (b) enabling the 'moral consequence' (by allowing vaccines). For some, the former wins out; for others, the latter does.

I'm not saying that both 'sides' of this scale are equal. In my personal opinion, one of these sides is complete and utter bullshit, and the other completely trumps it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    One possible way to look at this problem: there's some degree of tradeoff between (a) allowing the medical consequence (by not providing vaccines) and (b) enabling the 'moral consequence' (by allowing vaccines). For some, the former wins out; for others, the latter does.

I'm not saying that both 'sides' of this scale are equal. In my personal opinion, one of these sides is complete and utter bullshit, and the other completely trumps it.

Since this guy is Christian, why not give a purely Christian response?

Do you think his saying "the HIV vaccine is a bad idea" is a Christian response?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Only if some wives being naively fucktarded is an excuse.
    Yeah, because assuming your husband to be unfaithful is the foundation of a healthy marriage.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah, because assuming your husband to be unfaithful is the foundation of a healthy marriage.
    I wouldn't assume that African women have any say in the matter.

garbage

Since this guy is Christian, why not give a purely Christian response?

Do you think his saying "the HIV vaccine is a bad idea" is a Christian response?
    I'm not yet addressing how to convince the "HIV vaccine bad!!!" crowd or where his mindset comes from; merely presenting a way to view differing perceptions on the matter. I'd assume that people like him prefer consequence (a) over (b).

For this guy--yeah, the best way to convince him is probably to talk to him in his own language--some sort of Christian-ese.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm not yet addressing how to convince the "HIV vaccine bad!!!" crowd or where his mindset comes from; merely presenting a way to view differing perceptions on the matter. I'd assume that people like him prefer consequence (a) over (b).

For this guy--yeah, the best way to convince him is probably to talk to him in his own language--some sort of Christian-ese.
    I liked your answer before this, I just wanted something more substantial, viz., a Socratic answer that takes down an opponent on his own terms.

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't assume that African women have any say in the matter.
    Many effectively don't, with no education or skills and abject poverty for herself and her children being the likely consequence of divorce. Under such circumstances, its rational for women to willfully overlook possible indiscretions even if she has more evidence to go than the fact that her husband had to take a job hundreds of miles away to provide for the family. Not exactly what I would call 'naively fucktarded'.

garbage

that takes down an opponent on his own terms.
    Oh hell yes. I'm all about trying to reach people on their own terms, using their own language, in order to convince them of their folly.

I'll conjure something up for this topic *cracks knuckles*

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Many effectively don't, with no education or skills and abject poverty for herself and her children being the likely consequence of divorce. Under such circumstances, its rational for women to willfully overlook possible indiscretions even if she has more evidence to go than the fact that her husband had to take a job hundreds of miles away to provide for the family. Not exactly what I would call 'naively fucktarded'.
    Yes, but I practically had to spoon-feed you that answer.