MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here's a good one:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ife/life1.html

"Q. Could a person be immune to the HIV virus, Doc? I have a very strange situation unfolding here. In 1993, I had unprotected sex with a young girl in the United States of America. Two years later, she died of complications from AIDS. I heard of this, and did an HIV test forthwith. And it came out negative. I met this other girl in 2010 and had unprotected sex with her around 100 times over a one-year period. After that, I met her sister, and had sex with her even more frequently. Two months ago, I learned that both sisters were HIV-positive. So I immediately did another test, as a matter of fact three tests over the last two months. And they all came in negative. What is going on here? Why do I not have HIV?"

A. [Mine, not the doctor's] It could be you are either very lucky or HIV resistant. However, one thing remains clear. You are a fucking idiot!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post

I prefer not to put foreign or man made substances into my body, or the bodies of my children. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.
    Being against vaccinations when the backing sentiment is "unnecessary" foreign substance injection to one's body was not a consideration in my post, and thus, wasn't what I was referring to. I air-quote unnecessary, because it can be questioned. I was referring towards the mindset of an individual who believes that such vaccinations shouldn't be readily available to others at their own demand, like the OP's friend suggested; especially for reasons such as "they deserve the consequence".
    The high rate of failure would obviously be considered a medical concern, but the probability of that affecting the distributions is unknown.

MBTI
    INTP

Its no more a bad idea than a hypothetical cure for cancer or heart disease.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that most AIDS victims are heterosexual and don't use needles.....hell, I hear that even Jessie Helms changed his stance after becoming aware of women and children in Africa contracting HIV through no fault of their own. Not that I think gays or drug users deserve AIDS, I'm just pointing out a reason why his knee-jerk stance is not necessarily compatible with the first principles he apparently espouses.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Its no more a bad idea than a hypothetical cure for cancer or heart disease.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that most AIDS victims are heterosexual and don't use needles.....hell, I hear that even Jessie Helms changed his stance after becoming aware of women and children in Africa contracting HIV through no fault of their own. Not that I think gays or drug users deserve AIDS, I'm just pointing out a reason why his knee-jerk stance is not necessarily compatible with the first principles he apparently espouses.
    What does "no fault of their own" mean? Was it through blood transfusions? Or is their some other non-moral transmission vector I don't know about? Consider that non-Muslim areas of Africa have significantly higher HIV rates because they don't practice a rigidly moral sexual lifestyle.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    What does "no fault of their own" mean? Was it through blood transfusions? Or is their some other non-moral transmission vector I don't know about? Consider that non-Muslim areas of Africa have significantly higher HIV rates because they don't practice a rigidly moral sexual lifestyle.
    Health workers are at risk. Basically any contact with blood carries a potential risk.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I sorta get tired of the idea of bailing out everyone because they cannot/choose not to take care of themselves and live hedonistic lifestyles. That is the Ayn Rand side of me, I guess.

OTOH, I think if we can help high risk populations, that is great.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, I am an advocate for them when one is either at risk because of lifestyle or at risk because of immunocompromised status.

I am against blatant usage of vaccinations because we really don't know how they might affect our body in the long run. Or, if a few seem benign, perhaps 30+boosters would not be.

I prefer not to put foreign or man made substances into my body, or the bodies of my children. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.
    Well, guess what. Foreign substances are getting in anyway. That's why vaccines were invented, to prevent the bad effects of some of those foreign substances.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Well, guess what. Foreign substances are getting in anyway. That's why vaccines were invented, to prevent the bad effects of some of those foreign substances.
    Well, I'll take my chances unless I deem that it's high risk enough for me to assert aggressive management.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Health workers are at risk. Basically any contact with blood carries a potential risk.
    That's true. In fact a friend of mine broke her arm because the cleaning crew where she worked cleaned up a blood spill on the floor with alcohol, for obvious reasons. She then came along and took a big fall on the slippery floor.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, I'll take my chances unless I deem that it's high risk enough for me to assert aggressive management of.
    If you're anti-vaccine, then what do you think of chicken pox lollipops?