MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Default Another shooting, seven dead

At least 7 dead, including shooter, at Oak Creek Sikh Temple

The shooting at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek about 10:15 a.m. Sunday that left at least seven people dead, including the shooter, and three people injured is being treated as a domestic terrorist incident, Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said.

Oak Creek police officers who responded to a 911 call about the shooting were helping a victim when the shooter ambushed one of the officers, shooting the officer multiple times.

A second Oak Creek officer returned fire, killing the shooter, Edwards said.

The wounded officer, described as at least a 20-year veteran of the department, was in surgery Sunday afternoon and was expected to survive, Edwards said during a 4 p.m. news conference.

Of those killed, four of the dead were inside the temple at 7512 S. Howell Ave. and three of the dead, including the shooter, were outside the temple.
    Motive unknown right now.

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am firm believer in the second amendment. But this shooting spree bullshit has to be handled better. I do not pretend to know the solution, but the process for acquiring weapons needs to be more efficient in the terms of finding who should be allowed to own weapons, and who shouldn't.

Anyone who shoots Sikhs is most definitely retarded.. more than the usual mass shooting retarded.

Because you know it was some hick who thought they were Muslim. Sikhs were beat up during the aftermath of 9/11 as well. Basically amounts to associating any "brown people with turbans" as a terrorist.

edit: I'll be surprised if it was someone else.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MXZCCT View Post
    I am firm believer in the second amendment. But this shooting spree bullshit has to be handled better. I do not pretend to know the solution, but the process for acquiring weapons needs to be more efficient in the terms of finding who should be allowed to own weapons, and who shouldn't.
    And to some extent we need to fix culture and tolerance. Because honestly, I wouldn't want to hang around someone who would go on a shooting spree even if they are denied from getting a gun. It's still someone you cant really trust, someone who doesn't really have a regard for life, and preventing them from carrying out an act doesn't erase that. It just forces a would-be killer to blend in...

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    And to some extent we need to fix culture and tolerance. Because honestly, I wouldn't want to hang around someone who would go on a shooting spree even if they are denied from getting a gun. It's still someone you cant really trust, someone who doesn't really have a regard for life, and preventing them from carrying out an act doesn't erase that. It just forces a would-be killer to blend in...
    you will always have willful ignorance and those people are the ones that end up going on the rampages. even if you prove them wrong, they are going to believe what they want to believe.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    you will always have willful ignorance and those people are the ones that end up going on the rampages. even if you prove them wrong, they are going to believe what they want to believe.
    Violence is not evenly distributed though. I'd think it would be evenly distributed if there was nothing to be done about it, but clearly it is uneven when we have some areas that are much safer and less violent than others. This tells me that there must be mitigating factors at work.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

edit: I'll be surprised if it was someone else.
    Same.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ISTx

Switzerland knows how to handle guns within their society. Every citizen serves for a period of time within the country's military. Everyone is issued a rifle and is trained how to use it, which they keep after their service in the military even. Everyone is armed, and gun homicide is super low.