Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ah.. good thinking. Yes...

Major
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Just a thought:

Maybe the hush up is just the ignorance of the police department... perhaps they fear retaliatory acts? Maybe they don't understand Sikhs either.
    Huh?

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Huh?
    Since we were talking conspiracy theories and things along those lines...

Predominantly white police department (presumably) has little understanding of Sikhs.. fears if they give out information too quickly there might be retaliatory acts from the "muslim" community.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Since we were talking conspiracy theories and things along those lines...

Predominantly white police department (presumably) has little understanding of Sikhs.. fears if they give out information too quickly there might be retaliatory acts from the "muslim" community.
    Oh, I see what you're saying now. But what I don't see is how changing the number of gunmen in the story contributes to what you're saying.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Oh, I see what you're saying now. But what I don't see is how changing the number of gunmen in the story contributes to what you're saying.
    Aha. I see. That was an off the top of my head thought in reaction to details being withheld in general, but mostly those regarding the identity of the shooter.
    ( . )( . )

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i guess one of the shooters was a 40 year old army vet who had some white supremacist ideologies. no surprise.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    It is very strange. What's a reasonable motive for changing the "story"? Why would anyone reduce the number of shooters? I would think those who had their friends or family shot would want to make sure everyone involved was caught.

Do you think there is some PR stuff going on, so as not to cause a panic?
    Okay, the guy in that video also said about 20-25 people had been hit. I'm not saying the guy is lying, but he is only one witness. It was obviously a traumatic event, so isn't it possible that he could have some of the facts wrong?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Okay, the guy in that video also said about 20-25 people had been hit. I'm not saying the guy is lying, but he is only one witness. It was obviously a traumatic event, so isn't it possible that he could have some of the facts wrong?
    Yeah. That's a simple explanation. I knew eyewitness testimony wasn't great, but did not realize that it could be that bad.

http://www.all-about-forensic-psycho...ss-memory.html
    The single most important factor contributing to wrongful conviction is eyewitness misidentification.
    (Supposedly the quote comes from the following book: http://www.amazon.com/Convicted-but-.../dp/0803959532)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

People who are pro-gun are going out in mass and buying guns , and mostly semi-automatic style guns because of the recent events. Record sales are going through the roof. I noticed the phrase of this linked article says >

"They are worried about stuff being banned," Mr. Bruning said. "If you have it and it gets banned, it is grandfathered in."

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...-Michigan.html

There are 80 million + gun owners in America. These shootings will keep gun sales up for quite awhile. I expect to see congress push through some harder gun legislation and bans but even if the U.S. had a mass shooting once a month from here on out like the 2 events that just happened, most Americans would still refuse to give up their guns like the UK done after the 1996 Dunblane massacre. There are just so many gun owners in America who hold to the 2nd amendment and the record gun sales prove it.

I can't see Uncle Sam rounding up all of the guns, or even most of them.

The World and American Gun Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    I can't see Uncle Sam rounding up all of the guns, or even most of them.
    It breaks our hearts to see Americans killing each other in malls, movie theatres and temples with guns. And we are alarmed to see the National Rifle Association extending their tentacles to Australia to allow shooting in our National Parks.

But far worse is the sale of arms throughout the entire world, largely but not exclusively, by America.

We note there are more rules governing the global sale of bananas than the global sale of arms.

Just the other day we got to within a hair's breath of a World Wide Arms Treaty but America, at the prompting of the National Rifle Association and the Arms Manufacturers, pulled back at the last minute.

So America's Gun culture is not just killing Americans, it is killing the rest of us in trouble spots all over the world.