User Tag List

Thread: Dept. Of Heath And Human Services Defends Child Abuse

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Default Dept. Of Heath And Human Services Defends Child Abuse

“After significant thought and with great concern for the protection of my patients, I acted as a whistle-blower and made a lawful disclosure by raising my concerns about the health and safety of these abused children to more than just my direct supervisors, but to multiple appropriate agencies who could be intimately involved in resolving this public health crisis,” Dr. Tilus wrote. “This was more than just doing my job. Doing my job for five years had resulted in no agency action.”
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Nice Twist to the Story...

A government psychologist who was officially reprimanded for alerting his superiors to widespread child abuse on a North Dakota Indian reservation has had his punishment rescinded, the Department of Health and Human Services announced Thursday.

The psychologist, Michael R. Tilus, director of behavioral health at the Spirit Lake Health Center on the Spirit Lake Reservation, said he had been acting as a whistle-blower when he e-mailed letters to senior federal health officials...
    I was wondering.

At the very least, it was horrible press for the DHHS... punishing a guy who was trying to protect children after five years of watching them suffer negligence and/or abuse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I'm sure this is a pattern which is being repeated globally, most of these agencies are charged with carrying out duties they do not have the resources for and some may argue could not feasibly ever have the resources for, I think they could possibly be correct to do so and think its a little more than neo-liberalism and tax evasion preventing sufficient resources coming through.