Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I like this Victor guy!
    He knows wat up.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Why did Pussy Riot pray to the Virgin Mary rather than the Statue of Liberty to free them from President Putin?

Pussy Riot are fair dinkum about getting rid of Putin, and so they prayed to the fair dinkum Virgin Mary. Pussy Riot didn't pray to the Statue of Liberty because the Statue is an imitation Virgin Mary, an ersatz Virgin Mary, the kind of Virgin Mary you have when you are not having any Virgin Mary.
    They probably didn't pray to Liberty because nobody does that anyway.

It has nothing to do with this 'imitation' thing you have going here.

People don't pray to Liberty because Liberty is not prayed to. Period. Being an 'imitation Mary' is not the reason and is about as irrelevant and strange (and slightly mental perhaps) as you can get.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I'm not a blind supporter of the united states. I have my own set of issues with my country but I feel victor's idea of the united states and it's people doesn't account for our diversity of experiences opinions and beliefs.
    Ji
    Anyways are you referring to my gauge references or his?
    His. Sorry I didn't make that clear. When you think in his thought-poem format it is easy for various subjects and objects to become interchangeable thus threads like this.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Deaf

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    His. Sorry I didn't make that clear. When you think in his thought-poem format it is easy for various subjects and objects to become interchangeable thus threads like this.
    Sure, to think linear and sequential is appropriate for a book, but this is not a book. It's not even an imitiation book, it's an electronic medium with text as the content and is linear and sequential no more, rather everything is connected to everything else, and everyone is connected to everyone else.

Central is no longer part of literate culture, Central is now part of the new spoken and felt culture, with the centre everywhere and the margin nowhere. Why, we even call ourselves 'Central', because wherever we are, there is Central.

However if you have been compelled by law to go to a special institution called 'school' to learn to read and write and become literate, well then you have been blinded by your Government to this new medium, and how natural for you to treat this new medium as though it were the old literate medium. Why, it even looks like you are reading print now, but in fact you are reading electronic print - a completelyl new beast.

But when they taught you to read and write, they never taught you that you would never be able to stop. And so naturally you can't even stop here, even when you are becoming absurd and ridiculous, and in your frustration, becoming nasty.

I have tried to educate you in the new spoken culture in the thread, "Wikileaks and Poetry", but I may as well be talking to a brick wall, word upon word, brick upon brick, because like a brick wall literacy has made you deaf.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Life still has congruent biological patterns based on similarity duh! Like need for sunshine and oxygen! Morality is biological and emergent thought congruent for the individual is a human right. There are ways of juxtaposing your wave-like thought patterns with binary.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Saw this on Telly the other day.

Reminded me of this thread.

Spoken Protest and Literate Repression

Pussy Riot, the Virgin Mary and the Statue of Liberty are all women.

And Pussy Riot represents the new electronic spoken culture. The Virgin Mary represents the old spoken culture and the Statue of Liberty represents the culture of literacy.

So it is only natural that Pussy Riot from the new spoken culture would appeal to the old spoken culture of the Virgin Mary.

And only natural that Pussy Riot from the new spoken culture should reject the Statue of Liberty from the literate culture.

This is odd because Pussy Riot wants freedom from the Oligarchy led by President Putin. And the Statue of Liberty represents freedom. So Pussy Riot would only reject the Statue of Liberty if the ground had shifted under our feet.

And the ground has shifted from the literacy of President Putin to the spoken culture of Pussy Riot.

So in our new dispensation, Pussy Riot has more in common with the Virgin Mary than the Statue of Liberty or President Putin.

So now we can see that the Statue of Liberty and President Putin of the KGB both come from the same literate culture. Who would have guessed?

Leaving the question - will Pussy Riot be sent to jail for protesting the literate culture of Russia and the USA?

Is everything symbolically representative of something else to you?

No offense.. you can be like you want, but I only have had those type of thoughts on LSD. It's not a pleasant way of being. I guess I've had my history of mocking you or getting aggravated at your style, but it's not your fault. We're truly on different wavelengths.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I only have had those type of thoughts on LSD. It's not a pleasant way of being. We're truly on different wavelengths.
    LSD was an attempt by the literate to understand and feel the new electronic culture. But LSD was a failed attempt and only led to the devastation of the drug culture we see around us today.

Cool Archetypes

The Virgin Mary is an archetype. The Statue of Liberty is an archetype. And Pussy Riot is also now an archetype.

And so the interesting question is - what is the relationship between the archetypes? We once asked what was the relationships between the ancient Greek gods, but now we ask about the archetypes.

The ancient Greeks of course believed that the gods or archetypes were real and all we did was imitate them. But our literate culture believes the opposite - we believe we are real and we create the gods.

But things are changing as we move from our literate culture to the new electronic culture, where literacy is merely the content of the electronic culture. And we are starting to imitate our archetypes. So it is wise to learn the relationships between our archetypes.

For instance, what is the relationship between the archetypical Virgin Mary and the archetypical Statue of Liberty? Well, the Statue of Liberty is a response to the Virgin Mary in the same way Protestantism is a response to Catholicism.

The Statue of Liberty rejects the Virgin Mary in the same way Protestantism rejects Catholicism.

And so the new electronic person is left with the question - who should I imitate, the Virgin Mary or the Statue of Liberty?

Should we follow the lead of the all girl punk band Pussy Riot and follow the Virgin?

Pussies are Rioting for the Virgin - what will you do?