User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 78

  1. #21
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What I am hinting at is that you are taught propaganda at school and you keep repeating it here with all the pride of obedient children.

    I am the average american. When I think of the statue of liberty, i think of my country. i think of freedom, for all peoples everywhere.

    The fun thing with symbolism, is that it only means what the perceiver wants it to mean. You have shown what you perceive of godly, womanly figures.

  2. #22
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I have an eye for symbolism, but I only if I consciously turn my attention to it. It doesn't come into my daily life or something. Symbols don't affect me (that I know). I couldn't imagine what living like that would be.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not offended. He's just not being accurate. And he further muddies up the conversation by projecting that anyone who argues against him is an "obedient" child, fed by propaganda. As if everything is so black and white. He probably cares more about America than I do. When I was a child, my dad pulled my ear for not standing for the National Anthem. I mean, I'm hardly the person you could call a "patriot". Victor lives in a world though where everyone is some representative of some stereotype or construct. "All Americans are this way." "All Americans learned this way." "All Protestants are this." "All Australians are this." etc. He destroys dialogue when he does this.

    Anyways, I think these few sentences are already too long of a reply. Just typing probably makes me seem "upset". I'm not. I'm typing this in bed. Eating a banana nut muffin. Everything's cool.
    *pictures KDude in bed eating his banana nut muffin*

  4. #24
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have an eye for symbolism, but I only if I consciously turn my attention to it. It doesn't come into my daily life or something. Symbols don't affect me (that I know). I couldn't imagine what living like that would be.

    I cannot say it does mine either, but it just so happened my attention was turned to it...

    @Victor

  5. #25
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Victor loves the Untied States deeply. Talking about it, conversing with it's citizens. In fact with out the U.S I don't know that he'd have much to talk about. Victor's love being confirmed let me say this: prostitutes have been models for many masterpeices. Caravaggio caused controversy by hiring a prostitute to model as the virgin Mary. This doesn't mean that the work is directly dealing with prostitution or trying to denigrate the subject of the final image.

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Victor loves the Untied States deeply. Talking about it, conversing with it's citizens. In fact with out the U.S I don't know that he'd have much to talk about. Victors love being confined let me day this: prostitutes have been models for many masterpeices. Caravaggio caused controversy by hiring a prostitute to model as the virgin Mary. His doesn't mean that the work is directly dealing with prostitution or trying these denigrate the subject of the final image.
    He must love the U.S. I can't imagine spending the amount of time he does talking about a country he hates. I can go on and on about certain cultures, but it's because I like or prefer or admire or am curious about them.

    Unless he sees the U.S. as a symbolic representative of a certain moral agenda he hates: like he associates it with some politics or religion. That's the only way it makes sense to me, and even still not so much. I'm really not one for that, I'm not one of those people who sit around going "Gosh I hate China." Instead I find things about China I like, but calmly observe I should avoid pet food from there and that their political practices might not be the best. But I don't sit around talking about hating it.

    It's strange because Victor otherwise seems so intent on the psychological healing of peoples.

  7. #27
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    He must love the U.S. I can't imagine spending the amount of time he does talking about a country he hates. I can go on and on about certain cultures, but it's because I like or prefer or admire or am curious about them.

    Unless he sees the U.S. as a symbolic representative of a certain moral agenda he hates: like he associates it with some politics or religion. That's the only way it makes sense to me, and even still not so much. I'm really not one for that, I'm not one of those people who sit around going "Gosh I hate China." Instead I find things about China I like, but calmly observe I should avoid pet food from there and that their political practices might not be the best. But I don't sit around talking about hating it.

    It's strange because Victor otherwise seems so intent on the psychological healing of peoples.

    Healing the damage cause by the Americans, of course.

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Healing the damage cause by the Americans, of course.
    Well I mean I complain about America sometimes, but that's primarily because I live here and it's often out of concern or fear that I complain; that's why it's difficult for me to hate another country I'm not interested in or just simply don't like their culture - if I have no reason to fear them, and it doesn't affect me, and I can reason out things about it, I don't see why I should rant about it.

    However, ranting about people in my own country who may affect me is another matter entirely. As far as I know, Victor doesn't even live in a country which would be terribly scarred by 'Merka.

  9. #29
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    He must love the U.S. I can't imagine spending the amount of time he does talking about a country he hates. I can go on and on about certain cultures, but it's because I like or prefer or admire or am curious about them.

    Unless he sees the U.S. as a symbolic representative of a certain moral agenda he hates: like he associates it with some politics or religion. That's the only way it makes sense to me, and even still not so much. I'm really not one for that, I'm not one of those people who sit around going "Gosh I hate China." Instead I find things about China I like, but calmly observe I should avoid pet food from there and that their political practices might not be the best. But I don't sit around talking about hating it.

    It's strange because Victor otherwise seems so intent on the psychological healing of peoples.
    His preferred scenario is healing people against their will, especially women.

  10. #30
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    I like Guns N' Roses...


    I want to dress up in a beard and a robe and have like 5, 6 pretty girls and have them dress up as nuns and film my porno

    Nuns N' Moses


    I wanna be Moses.

Similar Threads

  1. The Virgin Mary and the Golden-Hearted Prostitute
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 08:40 AM
  2. [MBTItm] The bane of your existence and intuitve narcissism
    By proteanmix in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM
  3. Abortion: The Ethics of Liberty
    By TheLastMohican in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 07:49 PM
  4. The difference of the N and the S mind in Art and Music
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
  5. The Adventures of Skittles and Bob
    By logan235711 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO