User Tag List

First 2331323334 Last

Results 321 to 330 of 331

  1. #321
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    NO @#+&ING WAY!!!!!

    Family Research Council shooting suspect had 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in bag, FBI says

    Floyd Lee Corkins II, the suspect in Wednesday's shooting ‏at the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the Family Research Council, was carrying 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in a bag when he opened fire, according to the criminal complaint filed by the Justice Department on Thursday.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170426728.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #322
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    15 chick-fil-a's! That is a surefire heart attack!

    On a serious note,

    ohhhhhh the irony.

  3. #323
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    15 chick-fil-a's! That is a surefire heart attack!

    On a serious note,

    ohhhhhh the irony.
    Irony?

  4. #324
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Irony?
    SUCH irony.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #325
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    SUCH irony.
    I'm not seeing it.

  6. #326
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm not seeing it.
    Look deeper into your carry-out bag and you might find it!

    All this hatred over who eats a stupid chicken sandwich (especially claiming the sandwich symbolized hatred FOR gays), and suddenly some pro-lgbt nutcase with 15 of them in a bag sprays down the FRC facility.

    ... or maybe he took a bite of that sandwich and it filled his heart with unbearable hatred! It's true! It's all true!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #327
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Look deeper into your carry-out bag and you might find it!

    All this hatred over who eats a stupid chicken sandwich (especially claiming the sandwich symbolized hatred FOR gays), and suddenly some pro-lgbt nutcase with 15 of them in a bag sprays down the FRC facility.

    ... or maybe he took a bite of that sandwich and it filled his heart with unbearable hatred! It's true! It's all true!!!
    I assume that's why he brought 15 of them. To make some sort of protest. With or without the gun, I'm not sure.

    If I buy something from Walmart, set it on fire in the parking lot to protest Walmart, that's irony?

  8. #328
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I assume that's why he brought 15 of them. To make some sort of protest. With or without the gun, I'm not sure.

    If I buy something from Walmart, set it on fire in the parking lot to protest Walmart, that's irony?
    I already explained the angle that was ironic to me.
    If you are going to select a different angle that is non-ironic, then feel free.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #329
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I assume that's why he brought 15 of them. To make some sort of protest. With or without the gun, I'm not sure.

    If I buy something from Walmart, set it on fire in the parking lot to protest Walmart, that's irony?
    In your case, also IRONIC. You bought something from Wal-mart. Now, depending on what choice of material you choose to buy from there, it might not be ironic, but I won't get into that.

    In this case:
    1: A gun
    2: 15 Sandwiches
    3: Someone supporting homosexuality?
    4: Bring those 15 sandwiches that support the institution you plan on hating on.

    Voila. Ironic.

  10. #330
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    In your case, also IRONIC. You bought something from Wal-mart. Now, depending on what choice of material you choose to buy from there, it might not be ironic, but I won't get into that.

    In this case:
    1: A gun
    2: 15 Sandwiches
    3: Someone supporting homosexuality?
    4: Bring those 15 sandwiches that support the institution you plan on hating on.

    Voila. Ironic.
    Maybe he did not buy them.
    Maybe he kidnapped those sandwiches and were holding them hostage, like small children.

    That would be more consistent with his position, but perhaps more insane as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Is there a Rational Ground for Morality?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO