User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    It's Chik-Fil-A. Buy sandwiches and get out.
    Agreed. I really don't get why it's such a deal at all. I mean, it's not like they're treating members of the LGBT community unfairly; They're not spitting in their sandwiches and refusing to serve them. They're just being honest about their conservative stance on a social issue, which within this American culture obsessed with surface level politically correctness while keeping their real opinions behind closed doors, is practically a mortal sin. Honestly, who cares? Don't the organization? Don't give them your business.

Do I have anything against the LGBT community? Not at all. Would I care if Chick-Fil-A was removed from my state? Absolutely! Why? Because it's god damn delicious!

Pride and values are way too much work and require way too much self-sacrificing; The president of chick-fil-a could call me a nigger, spit in my face, and kill my entire family in front of me execution style and I would still happily eat there, with my only attempt at seeking retribution consisting of asking them to give me a years worth of coupons so I could further spend even larger percentages of my paycheck there. I want them to start just selling smoothie versions of their chicken sandwiches, that way I can further walk down the path of decadence and enjoy that precious energy with obsolete methods of ingestion, like chewing.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    The point being? My hometown's most famous residents were well-known mass murderers, and I'd rather it not be famous for anything than some shitty people.
    My point was bringing up a slight thing about Dodson in the middle of a discussion about Dodson

When I see 'Chick-Fil-A', I read 'chick filler' and think of penises. A pretty suggestive name for an anti-gay restaurant chain.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Agreed. I really don't get why it's such a deal at all. I mean, it's not like they're treating members of the LGBT community unfairly; They're not spitting in their sandwiches and refusing to serve them. They're just being honest about their conservative stance on a social issue, which within this American culture obsessed with surface level politically correctness while keeping their real opinions behind closed doors, is practically a mortal sin. Honestly, who cares? Don't the organization? Don't give them your business.

Do I have anything against the LGBT community? Not at all. Would I care if Chick-Fil-A was removed from my state? Absolutely! Why? Because it's god damn delicious!

Pride and values are way too much work and require way too much self-sacrificing; The president of chick-fil-a could call me a nigger, spit in my face, and kill my entire family in front of me execution style and I would still happily eat there, with my only attempt at seeking retribution consisting of asking them to give me a years worth of coupons so I could further spend even larger percentages of my paycheck there. I want them to start just selling smoothie versions of their chicken sandwiches, that way I can further walk down the path of decadence and enjoy that precious energy with obsolete methods of ingestion, like chewing.
    life is meaningless without chicken-in-a-blender to make it all go down smooth and crispy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    When I see 'Chick-Fil-A', I read 'chick filler' and think of penises. A pretty suggestive name for an anti-gay restaurant chain.
    I liked the Jon Stewart quote about it. "What better way to stand up and say "I oppose gay peoples’ rights to get married" than to head down to a Chick Fil-A, grab a’hold of two buttery buns, split ‘em open and gobble down some of that hot greasy cock?"
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

garbage

twitter
    BenKuchera @ BenKuchera
    I'm not saying America has an obesity problem, but our civil rights debates hinge on fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    twitter
    Yeah, my post got lost somewhere.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    ...blah blah blah...as i've said, the corporation didn't make the statement. the owner did. he did not make the statement as the owner of the business, but as a citizen who happens to be christian.
    The corporation donated money to anti-gay organizations.
    Money = speech.
    Therefore, the corporation made anti-gay statements.

Corporations can't have it both ways. They want "free speech" without consequences.

all of this alludes to the bigger point i'm trying to make here, which is that individual franchises are now suffering, not because some idiot CEO stepped in it, but because the people are acting on some nebulous connection between the "hatemonger*" statements made by a standard issue christian and the bottom of the food-chain empoyee.
    Sucks to be them, but that's life.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."