User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

[YOUTUBE="LUmoTOujJ7Q"]Antoine Dodson's Thoughts on Chick-Fil-A Situation[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Oh damn, I didn't read the whole thread so I didn't realize this was posted already. But now that I've been informed, I still believe that you all deserve to be reminded of this video.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It still doesn't address the points of (1) the money going to particular causes and (2) the utter disrespect in the guy's comments that set all this off and (3) the fact that if one substituted in the word "black" instead of "gay" into the comments and political policies being promoted, this guy (as a black man) might have a different view of things, but whatever. I'm tired of hearing about a sandwich being the face of the gay-marriage thing in the USA, that's all this is -- a lot of people are pissed on either side about same-sex marriage, and this is just kind of a trigger for all that resentment. There's also an election season coming up, with candidates on completely opposite ends of the divide, so it's only gonna get hotter as the election season kicks off in the next month.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It still doesn't address the points of (1) the money going to particular causes and (2) the utter disrespect in the guy's comments that set all this off, but whatever.
    Are you referring to Dodson's "take" on it all? Because if so, know that I only posted it because I think he's an idiot. A funny one, but an idiot nevertheless.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Are you referring to Dodson's "take" on it all? Because if so, know that I only posted it because I think he's an idiot. A funny one, but an idiot nevertheless.
    Yeah. Added a #3 there a second ago -- basically, I think he'd change his logic if it were blacks instead of gays that were being singled out here, so it's crap to me. But I'm kinda burned out on Chick-Fil-A debates...

if you [generic You] support same-sex marriage, give money to organizations that support same-sex marriage and help out with same-sex causes, instead of wasting so much energy trying to shut down Chick-Fil-A.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think the whole thing exposes who the thought police or would be thought police really are.

garbage

just wanted to say that Dodson is pretty much the only thing my town is known for

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    just wanted to say that Dodson is pretty much the only thing my town is known for
    The point being? My hometown's most famous residents were well-known mass murderers, and I'd rather it not be famous for anything than some shitty people.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    The point being? My hometown's most famous residents were well-known mass murderers, and I'd rather it not be famous for anything than some shitty people.
    Yeah, agreed. My town even has some decent famous people that hail from it, but overall its reputation for racial tension overrides everything else.