Enneagram

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm wondering, though, if Coca Cola really is the only beverage provider for CFA or if this is because cray southerners call everything Coke?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm wondering, though, if Coca Cola really is the only beverage provider for CFA or if this is because cray southerners call everything Coke?
    LOL. Yeah, CFA offers all kinds of Coke: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Coke Sprite, Dr. Coker, Diet Dr. Coker, Hi-C (the C is for Coke!)...

Viewer friendly.

"While you squabble over gays and fried chicken, your country crumbles."

Ranked 1 in obesity.
    Rank 18th in diabetes.
    D- Rank in Infrastructure (rank 23.)
    Rank 93rd in income inequality.
    Rank 14th in reading.
    Rank 25th in math.
    Rank 17th in science.
    Most guns compared to other "developed" countries.
    Most crimes compared to other "developed" countries

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    The war yes? A war on obesity and bad eating standards? Nope.

Or rather, those gardens could of actually stayed as gardens.

Sounds tastier too, I mean fresh tomatoes, fresh lemon juice, fresh oranges and peaches.
    In lieu of that farm share are brilliant. No actual gardening involved but you contribute to an organic, sustainable, family run farm and get to get involved in this community deal. Some have animal and animal by product shares (like milk and cheese). It's fun and very cost effective for the consumer.

I would like to start a garden. Except I'm a gangene thumb and I couldn't eat everything I grow by myself.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    OMG, when some fundie homophobe made this ridiculous comment about 'gay oreos' on another fb friends page I kindly listed every 'progay' corporation out there (companies that had officially sponsored an LGBT event, parade, conference, etc.) so he could avoid them. He tried to play it off like "I just hate when businesses shove politics down my throat" and I told him to get over it because in today's America all corporations make some kind of statement about the gays, women, "minorities", various diseases like breast cancer etc., education, child welfare, poverty, homelessness, etc. You vote with your dollar, money is speech. So what he's really mad about is seeing any open support of GLBTQ people anywhere. Because he is a homophobe. He may be one that shields himself behind a bible, but he is still a homophobe. He got real mad. He is a business owner himself so like a mini-Dan Cathy.

The reality is that most companies because they are so huge and driven by profit margins invest in VARIOUS often contradictory causes. Gotta grease a lot of wheels to stay on top.

Um on that note:

Free Speech for CFA Yelpers
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    In lieu of that farm share are brilliant. No actual gardening involved but you contribute to an organic, sustainable, family run farm and get to get involved in this community deal. Some have animal and animal by product shares (like milk and cheese). It's fun and very cost effective for the consumer.

I would like to start a garden. Except I'm a gangene thumb and I couldn't eat everything I grow by myself.
    It isn't too bad. The peaches grown at my house are given to my siblings, relatives, and family friends because there is more than enough to feed that many people. One tree is big enough to bring 20+ peaches. If my family didn't like eating them a little on the raw side (not the juicy red ones you often see,) I would probably be cutting the branches more so the peaches that do grow can grow faster. Generally, cutting/pruning is best done at the opposite time of when a plant is in season (like fall or winter when many plants are shedding/keeping up with the winter cold.)

Some of the vegetables we grow on a yearly basis that we know we won't finish is given to them too.

For certain fruits and vegetables, you can cut certain parts of the branch so that you have less of them. Doing it this way, they tend to grow bigger, faster, and juicier (no pun intended) when they are in season (less fruits and vegetables to feed.) But it also means that you'll have less of them.

For vegetables like tomatoes, if you don't have a big enough backyard (or any yard,) if you have a window, that is more than enough to begin growing them. In this way, you trim the tomato on a yearly basis to keep the vines from getting out of hand and tame inside the house.

But whether you can finish them or not, it is generally cheaper, healthier, and tastes good to be able to grow your own fruits, vegetables, and herbs. At least, it is better than buying canned juices or lots of lemons to make your own juice, not to mention how corn infested the food in stores are.

Just need to find the right time and place to grow a certain fruit/vegetable/herb.

MBTI
    ISTx

I feel like this whole fucking fiasco is some sort of high school drama. Don't people have anything better to do than give a shit who's locking lips with who? Not just the anti-gays, but the crazy liberal "RESPECT OUR VIEW" people are just as obnoxious. It all sucks.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^AGREED! That darned pendulum. It. Must. ...Swing...

Srsly though. What DO they do to make their chicken sooo yummay?

And for fun:

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I feel like this whole fucking fiasco is some sort of high school drama. Don't people have anything better to do than give a shit who's locking lips with who? Not just the anti-gays, but the crazy liberal "RESPECT OUR VIEW" people are just as obnoxious. It all sucks.
    I consider culture war issues a distraction from the real issues.

Whether it is pro or anti gay/abortion/gun-rights/etc, most of it is a distraction.

That is what most people in Congress do during the lame duck session, create as much distraction as possible, pass what may or may not be able to pass without the people looking, get reelected, rinse and repeat.

It is why we never get anywhere with all those crumbling issues I've listed.