User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I personally wouldn't do it, but I guess it's because the issue is about hubbub over same-sex unions, so it seems an easy way and least-offensive way to signify a same-sex couple in the restaurant as well as doing a PDA that is considered perfectly acceptable when done by hets in public (well, as long as it's not french kissing).
    Oh, it's not gross because it's kissing. It's gross because it's kissing someone who's eating fast food.

I can smell the fried chicken and pickle breath in my mind right now

This makes me wonder how many Chick-fil-A stores are company owned and how many are franchises. If a significant number are franchisees, then I think the protesters owe the respect of researching their local Chick-fil-A store before boycotting or protesting. Obviously this franchisee runs his store differently, and franchisees should not suffer the fallout of policies, beliefs and hiring practices employed by the corporation.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here's another article link about a Chicago store owner who presents all of these different sides -- she's personally supportive of LGBT people, understands the boycott issue, but also wants people to understand that the CEO values are not hers and so to take all that into consideration when making such decisions:

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/l...hts/38881.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This makes me wonder how many Chick-fil-A stores are company owned and how many are franchises. If a significant number are franchisees, then I think the protesters owe the respect of researching their local Chick-fil-A store before boycotting or protesting. Obviously this franchisee runs his store differently, and franchisees should not suffer the fallout of policies, beliefs and hiring practices employed by the corporation.
    From one source:
    Chick-fil-A has both company-licensed and franchised restaurant locations. Approximately 10-15% of Chick-fil-A locations are licensed, with the rest operated by franchisees (For instance, in 2007, 200 of Chick-fil-A's locations were licensed; the other 1,102 locations were franchised). Generally, most "non-traditional" units--meaning small restaurant units at college food courts, hospitals, or inside convention centers--are licensed by Chick-fil-A. Nearly all other units--both "mall units" and "standalone" restaurants--are rented and operated by franchisees.
    However, in terms of the profit issues:
    What Chick-fil-A gives up in terms of initial fees, however, it retains in terms of capitalization, unit sales, centralized decision-making, and other forms of building "trust" and "loyalty" between franchisees and the home office. In general, Chick-fil-A requires potential operators to cover between $250,000 and $900,000 for some of the location's capitalization in the form of inventory, equipment rental, insurance, leasing fees and other ongoing fees. Chick-fil-A also receives from its franchisees a greater percentatage of gross sales (15%) and a greater percentage than its competitors in net profits each month (50%).
    http://nexus.som.yale.edu/chick-fil-a/?q=node/115

So I dunno. Maybe the local franchise owner doesn't believe what HQ does, but 50% of net profits and 15% of gross sales are still going back to HQ... the money is still being spent by HQ and not the franchise owner.

Based on the logic of at least one person in this thread, the franchise owners should have just not done business with a conservative company like Chick-Fil-A if they were unwilling to accept this kind of risk of consumer revolt as part of the bargain. (Not saying I necessarily believe that, however.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    GONE

It's the CEO who should be mindful when making public statements and funneling company (not personal) profits into hateful causes. Unfortunately, as he uses company money and is a company spokesman his actions here DO reflect on all franchisees. this is one risk of being a franchisee (something "up top" goes bad it rolls down to you"

Also saw a FB argument (of cray cray proportiions) balloon out of this. Sad to see how queers police one another and how clueless some people are about where their rights came from. It's like they think a civil rights fairy sprinkled them with equality dust. And a corporation really is a person.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    And a corporation really is a person.
    The Supreme Court said so!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Next they'll say SCOTUS is a person too!

EDIT: And Alvin and the Chipmunks!

EDIT EDIT: And Seth Rogan!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Next they'll say SCOTUS is a person too!

EDIT: And Alvin and the Chipmunks!

EDIT EDIT: And Seth Rogan!
    If it ain't on my "non denominational winter holiday gift list" then it ain't a person! :rant: <--dammit what happened to that emoticon?

Some young gay woman on Facebook said regular people use "institutional power" like shopping...to infringe on the rights of companies and thus "oppress" them I was just wth girl, where are you getting these messed up definitions from? Do they not cover these terms in Women's Lib 101 these days?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    If it ain't on my "non denominational winter holiday gift list" then it ain't a person! :rant:
    I'll pray to Baby Jesus for you.