User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm afraid I dont buy the whole "a curse on both your houses" anymore, I dont know of a similar equivalent story of churches seeking to shut down or boycott Ben and Jerries for instance. I'm not a fan of any extremes but lets be realistic, its all stacking up one way presently.
    There are plenty of examples. Search for "One Million Moms," who are constantly boycotting companies for supporting LGBT causes. Also google for "boycott disney gay" for a whole series of calls to boycott Disney because of "Gay Day" (which isn't even organized by Disney). The Southern Baptists ended their 8 year Disney boycott in 2006, but there have been other conservative boycotts of Disney since then. The Family Research Council (and similar organizations) often call for boycotting companies for the liberal, godless policies.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm afraid I dont buy the whole "a curse on both your houses" anymore, I dont know of a similar equivalent story of churches seeking to shut down or boycott Ben and Jerries for instance. I'm not a fan of any extremes but lets be realistic, its all stacking up one way presently.
    Is your stance regarding homosexuality primarily based on religious grounds?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Please, there are a thousand evangelical boycotts over companies that dare to not castigate teh gays. JC Penney, Target, Oreos, Disney... I could go on for days.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Is your stance regarding homosexuality primarily based on religious grounds?
    I wouldnt say so, I've already made that clear too.

In fact I'll be honest and say that religion has nothing to do with it, the RCC is not opposed to homosexual and does not regard it as sinful per se in the manner of a lot of other religious congregations, homosexual acts being taboo but then so are a lot heterosexual sex acts by the same token. Benedict is very clear too that the church shapes consciences but it does not interfer or intervene in politics.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Please, there are a thousand evangelical boycotts over companies that dare to not castigate teh gays. JC Penney, Target, Oreos, Disney... I could go on for days.
    I've not heard about any of the boycotts you and Seymour mention, why do you think that is?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wouldn't know why that is. Maybe because you're not American or Evangelical?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I wouldnt say so, I've already made that clear too.

In fact I'll be honest and say that religion has nothing to do with it, the RCC is not opposed to homosexual and does not regard it as sinful per se in the manner of a lot of other religious congregations, homosexual acts being taboo but then so are a lot heterosexual sex acts by the same token. Benedict is very clear too that the church shapes consciences but it does not interfer or intervene in politics.
    If it's not based on religion, can you point me to where you explained your views on homosexuality? Give a link to the thread?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Friday, the goal is to smooch the whole way through lunch.
    I think that kissing someone who is in the middle of eating fast food would be kind of gross. What a stupid way to protest

MBTI
    ISTx

Welp, today is the "Support Chick Fil A day". I noticed our Chick fil a's drive thru line was wrapped around the restaurant and protruding beyond their parking lot at 3:20pm. I ate lunch at Subway.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

New Hampshire’s only Chick-fil-A restaurant is going against the wishes of chicken chain founder Dan Cathy by pledging to co-sponsor an LGBT Pride Festival in the state.

In a statement on the New Hampshire Pride Festival website, Nashua Chick-fil-A franchise manager Anthony Picolia said he was backing the the event, citing “positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community.”

“It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” Picolia explained. “Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect. We also don’t discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes.”

“I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant. Come to my restaurant and see for yourself that my team and I only have one mission: To serve exceptional experiences to all.”

Market research firm YouGov recently found that Chick-fil-A’s BrandIndex score had fallen 40 percent nationally since Cathy told the Baptist Press that his company was “guilty as charged” of funding groups that oppose marriage equality.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/0...or-lgbt-pride/

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I think that kissing someone who is in the middle of eating fast food would be kind of gross. What a stupid way to protest
    I personally wouldn't do it, but I guess it's because the issue is about hubbub over same-sex unions, so it seems an easy way and least-offensive way to signify a same-sex couple in the restaurant as well as doing a PDA that is considered perfectly acceptable when done by hets in public (well, as long as it's not french kissing).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft