User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmm.. Everytime I delete the second post another one pops up in its place. :c
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I admire that the dude is blunt and honest. I know what he is honest about is horrid, and shows a lot of hate.. but I want to know my enemies. I hate it when people tip toe around and pretend to have one face when you know clear-as-day with everything but hard evidence that it's a mask.
    He wasn't blunt and honest, that was a mask. It's not an I-believe-the-opposite-of-what-I'm-saying mask, but it shielded something more than just a theological interpretation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I see what you're saying with the tone thing.. but in this situation, it doesn't matter how you say it. The sentiments behind not supporting same-sex marriage come down to the same things, no matter how it's said. So I really don't mind whichever way they use it--the principles are all there. They can yell and scream and say insults all they want--the people who are saying it nicely feel the same way inside.

It sounds like you believe that words and actions can be cleanly divided -- that people can say one thing without it impacting or influencing whatsoever what they choose to do, whereas I see words (especially strong words) as indicative of the internal motivations that also drive people to action and cannot be so cleanly separated, as words and behavior spring from the same source/drives.

If I was a complete bonehead, I'd make this into a Ti/Te thread (to give those Fi/Fe'ers a run for their money!)... but I'm just too darn lazy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm just saying that the gay-hate everyone is assuming is too narrow-minded. The guy's an idiot and an asshole, but he hasn't openly hated gays at all. He took it much broader--he disdains same-sex marriage and thinks we're all pompous assholes for supporting it. But he didn't do anything illegal, not to the point of warranting cities to ban his restaurants.
    I think the reaction isnt warranted but I think it is representative of gay politics.

Its the greater reason why I think there's a problem with the same and why I think its going to do harm. Although when its actually felt it'll be too late to do anything about it. I wouldnt assume he's an idiot or asshole because he doesnt support changing the meaning of marriage to something is isnt.

garbage

There's a protest at Chick-Fil-A today and another on Friday. One of them is for family values, and the other is organized by GLAAD.

I'm not sure which is which, and I don't know if anyone else does, either.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really care about their politics (though I disagree with them). My crazy right-wing family have posted about 52 videos from "Eat At Chick-Fil-A" day in support of 'family values' (a term I find grossly misused in this context).

I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A because of their obvious support for poor spelling.

It is only begrudgingly that I admit that for a fast food chain, their food seems relatively healthy.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A because of their obvious support for poor spelling.
    This made me LOL!

Kyuuei, I don't really understand your value system. You admire the guy for being blunt and honest, even though you also believe his blunt honesty was vitriolic and wrong? Jesse Helms was also blunt and honest about his feelings about blacks and gays and people with AIDS (he disparaged the school I graduated from, UNC-Chapel Hill, by calling it the "university of negroes and communists"), and I don't think that's anything to be admired in any way.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    There's a protest at Chick-Fil-A today and another on Friday. One of them is for family values, and the other is organized by GLAAD.

I'm not sure which is which, and I don't know if anyone else does, either.

Today, the eat-in, you just get to buy a meal and eat it.

Friday, the goal is to smooch the whole way through lunch.

Which do you think is more media-savvy and fun?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think the reaction isnt warranted but I think it is representative of gay politics.
    I think it's just as indicative of right-wing religious politics in my country. Let's address both sides of the problem here.

Its the greater reason why I think there's a problem with the same and why I think its going to do harm. Although when its actually felt it'll be too late to do anything about it. I wouldnt assume he's an idiot or asshole because he doesnt support changing the meaning of marriage to something is isnt.
    Cathy's certainly assuming other people are assholes and hellmongers because they disagree with him on the definition of marriage.

Let's at least have a level discussion here.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it's just as indicative of right-wing religious politics in my country. Let's address both sides of the problem here.

Cathy's certainly assuming other people are assholes and hellmongers because they disagree with him on the definition of marriage.

Let's at least have a level discussion here.
    I'm afraid I dont buy the whole "a curse on both your houses" anymore, I dont know of a similar equivalent story of churches seeking to shut down or boycott Ben and Jerries for instance. I'm not a fan of any extremes but lets be realistic, its all stacking up one way presently.