User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    It's Chik-Fil-A. Buy sandwiches and get out.
    Or not.. fast food is vile.
    I write places off like this as dispensers of ''non-food'' items-- so I can't be bothered to care about their garbage peddling corporation's plight.

..Wasn't there a chicken joint funded by the KKK? Or did I dream that up?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah. That's actually interesting, and ironic, considering that Japan went from burakumin in the feudal era - discrimination against those who do unclean tasks such as slaughter animals or work with leather - it went from that to "shut up and take my money!" apparently.

A business is there to serve, not to make policy. I, the customer, with my money make or break the business.
    Yeah, Japan has quite the history.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    They have absolutely right to do what it is they wish to do, just as I and anyone (or group of someones) have to right to choose not to associate ourselves with them. Not that I ate at their restaurants anyway, I don't eat fast food.

Granted, some of the bans are being made by elected officials and they'll have to answer to their electorate regarding the decisions to make the bans but I don't see anything wrong with people (rightly so) calling them out on their douchebaggery and choosing to push back.
    Well, they aren't really being douchebags by following a religion that disagrees with same sex marriage. Just like people aren't being douchebags just because they aren't Christian.

I think people have the right to choose if they eat at that restaurant or not.. but a politician saying that they will not allow an obviously christian-rooted restaurant in an area because the owners are very traditional christians? Thats a bit much to me. I say if the people don't want to support it and the place shuts down, that's fine.. a mayor making that decision for me would irk me a bit.

It's not about what they believe. They can believe whatever they want.

But first of all, I don't see the point of incorporating it under a corporate name, unless they're doing something with it. If their chicken sandwich tastes the same, and they still sell it to gay people, then there's absolutely no difference and no point.

The problem is when they use their money to get into politics which is a lot more than practicing religion.

Edit: and we shouldn't have to enforce anything but the most basic of laws. I don't agree with state religion and I also don't agree with state atheism. Neither one of those is the state's business.
    So you're saying a Wiccan new-age store shouldn't mix religion and business? Christian bookstores shouldn't actually be Christian? Its perfectly okay to mix business and religion--churches do it all the time.. churches have to be run a bit like a business if they want to do all the community outreach programs and things that they do to give to their communities and attendees. Mixing religion with politics is a bit of a gray area, and laws and religion are some dirty waters.. but if I were to open a business, I'd be sure my religious morals and values were intertwined into it..

Chik-Fil-A never said they'd refuse service to Gays, or anything like that.. They just said what EVERY fundamental Christian tends to say. That they disagree with same-sex marriage. They have a right to disagree with it, and show support to those in their community who do.

Getting backlash for being openly Christian seems to be just the intolerance and judgment that, surprise, same-sex marriage supporters complain about so much. They'll get their way, society and the times will see to that. I don't see the need to attack and lash out at Christians in the process. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The problem is when they use their money to get into politics which is a lot more than practicing religion.
    Which they haven't really done, this is Chik-fil-a not Karl Rove.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Which they haven't really done, this is Chik-fil-a not Karl Rove.
    Exactly. All they have done is openly admit that they don't support a topic that they really don't have to support to be a business. I'm not going to stop buying chicken sandwiches because they're Christian. Now maybe if they refused service to Gays I could see myself saying no to Chik-Fil-A, but that hasn't happened nor will it anytime soon. Marm said it best: The door swings both ways.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

food and politics should never mix just my two cents.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The original stance and the reaction are both people standing their moral ground and both people exercising free speech.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Well, they aren't really being douchebags by following a religion that disagrees with same sex marriage. Just like people aren't being douchebags just because they aren't Christian.
    Wait now. Saying someone is Christian as opposed to not being Christian is quite vague and it's hard to draw much from that. Saying someone is for or against same sex marriage is a pretty explicit policy point on which it's much easier to pass judgment about someone.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The original stance and the reaction are both people standing their moral ground and both people exercising free speech.
    The reaction however is a position taken by an elected official, which consequently serves as an action taken on behalf of an entire city.

I'm fine with the Mayor making a statement establishing that his views differ from Chik-fil-a's, but the instant that preference of his is used to justify keeping a legal business out of a city, that has every right to be there, I call bullshit.

If it's that big of a deal, people can vote with there feet and take their business elsewhere.

The decision of the mayor basically boils down to "because I said so" reasoning.

For me it's more important that companies get to sell their products where ever the hell they please regardless of their social or political opinions, than it is that moral busybodies get to dispense business permits depending on whether or not they feel like it, or more specifically depending on whether or not they politically agree with the positions taken by said company.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Wait now. Saying someone is Christian as opposed to not being Christian is quite vague and it's hard to draw much from that. Saying someone is for or against same sex marriage is a pretty explicit policy point on which it's much easier to pass judgment about someone.
    Yeah, I was being vague there. But to me, saying "Omg you don't support same-sex marriage" is the same thing as saying "Omg you're a fundamental Christian!" Of course they don't, it's silly to be shocked that they do. They're not douchebags for following their religious guidelines. Anymore than atheists are douchebags for not having religious guidelines.