User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I didn't think that was a real billboard, was it? I though it was just a doctored picture on FaceBook. (I could be wrong, that was just what I thought when I saw it on FB.)
    It's fake. Generated from here: http://www.says-it.com/fastfood/kfc.php

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

LOL, Lesson #214: If you read it on FaceBook, don't trust it!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    A corporation is facing social consequences for its behavior.
    false. only the owner has made statements.
    say what you want about the individual's beliefs spilling over onto their business policies, the fact of the matter is that chic-fil-a doesn't discriminate against homosexuals as customers or as employees. at least not on the corporate level. if they did, this issue would have come up long ago and we'd be hearing all the ins and outs of the legal briefs etc. etc. ETC. etc.
    It's unfortunate that this doesn't happen more often, particularly on Wall Street.
    agreed. but the folks on wall street, many of them, are actual criminals. the only thing chic-fil-a is guilty of is having an owner with an unhip, [currently] politically incorrect opinion.

you also left out the part that they're facing numerous threats of legal and bureaucratic consequences for their behavior.
    that's unconstitutional. that's illegal.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh! Haha

It honestly didn't occur to me someone would bother doing such a thing!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    say what you want about the individual's beliefs spilling over onto their business policies, the fact of the matter is that chic-fil-a doesn't discriminate against homosexuals as customers or as employees. at least not on the corporate level. if they did, this issue would have come up long ago and we'd be hearing all the ins and outs of the legal briefs etc. etc. ETC. etc.
    What? Speech is part of behavior (by the way, Ivy pointed out discriminatory hiring practices by CFA earlier in this thread). I personally don't care if an individual's beliefs spill over into their business policies. If you want to run a business and wear your beliefs on your sleeve, then be prepared for people disagree with you vehemently, maybe even hate you or attack you. That's life, something that real people deal with every day if they have big mouths. Since corporations are legally people, I don't see any problem with that.

I can't wait to see a corporation die of cancer.

agreed. but the folks on wall street, many of them, are actual criminals.

you also left out the part that they're facing numerous threats of legal and bureaucratic consequences for their behavior.
    Nothing is going to happen to anyone on Wall Street other than the public being thrown a scapegoat or two. The threats are just a show for people like you.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh! Haha
    It honestly didn't occur to me someone would bother doing such a thing!
    I think it would come across as petty as well, if KFC would do such a thing... which is exactly why sensible companies avoid ruining their PR by doing that kind of stuff.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I agree... Mostly but I have to say it made me happy to see the target ad
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's fine, and that is your right. (I'm not sure all of that's true, and I'm not sure they'd hire an openly gay employee based on the attitudes the company has been expressing, but fine.)
    I'm still learning new things about this company every time I open this thread.. It almost makes me want to go pull a @Lexicon and just say no more fast food ever.

I've had to deal with over-zealous christanity in the form of my grandmother, which was cured by alzheimers. I think it may have been what pushed me away from christianity as a child, so I can't be too upset over it or I wouldnt have the beauty and spirituality I have in my heart now.. but between this and what @Ivy said, if there is blatant discrimination against employees that'd definitely be enough for me to stop going to the restaurant.

Sad though, I liked their food. Why can't they just not be jerks so I can eat yummy fast food? :c

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    OKAY, and she's working for a Southern Baptist, private company.

I have yet to be shocked. I can't imagine how you guys are even offended. She should go work for Wendy's instead.
    As insensitive as this sounds, I sort of feel the same way.. It isn't RIGHT, and she should be able to work there even if she isn't within their values for people.. I also don't think the woman knew that the company would treat her this way when she tried to join them. Laws are laws.. theres many people, including myself, that believe that companies exist because they don't generally break the law all the time for no good reason.

But I don't apply to openly christian organizations because.. well.. Im not christian. Technically they should employ me, but why would I put myself through that hassle? Then again.. I'm not corporate-minded either and I still have to sometimes apply for corporate-style jobs. There are some things that the laws just don't touch yet. I remember being advised to wear make up at a job I had downtown, and I thought it was so offense that anyone would dare tell me I had to paint my face up like a doll to do paperwork.. But I needed my job, and the suggestion had a tone that suggested my job was on the line for it.. So I started dressing sharper and wearing make up and got to stay around for another couple of months before I left to Iraq. I felt disgusting inside for not standing up for myself, but I needed the money so I stayed quiet. I guess you just pick and choose your battles.

If I needed money badly enough though, and this restaurant was the closest thing I had to a job, I'd probably fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    As the story is unfolding here it seems more and more like this is the straw on the camel's back moreso than being a sudden outburst.. I haven't heard Chik-fil-a in the news anytime before recently, though I admit I'd been too busy to watch the news before lately. I had thought this situation was the first of its kind, but apparently there has been a number of illegal violations on CFA's part as well as open social discrimination.. While they have the right to state their opinions, mixing the former with the latter creates a sort of shit storm that is the current situation.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Have these activists succeeded in banning Chick-fill-A from cities? I would find it disturbing if they succeeded in banning a business.

Still, I did not know that Chick-fill-A had a hatemonger for CEO. I will be avoiding Chick-fill-A from now on (Though I liked their chicken).

Be warned, though, if come election time, we are in a "culture war", I will change my vote to all Democrats. (I was fairly certain about voting, again, for the Republican for my district. But if this election becomes about "culture", I am in no way going to give hatemongers a referendum.)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram