User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Got it: If you live in the deep south, you are fucked, according to Marm. Since pretty much everyone's a baptist down there.

That is all.

You know, you're really great at assuming this woman had a variety of options available to her that made sense in terms of her life and child care. I'd look at those things first before passing judgment like this, just to make sure you're not overextending yourself... or maybe that would take too much effort. Maybe Chick-Fil-A was her best option in her cirucmstances, and she wasn't expecting them to break the law in such a blatant way.

(No, I haven't looked yet, but that would be my next step.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Got it: If you live in the deep south, you are fucked, according to Marm.

That is all.

You know, you're really great at assuming this woman had a variety of options available to her that made sense in terms of her life and child care. I'd look at those things first before passing judgment like this, just to make sure you're not overextending yourself... or maybe that would take too much effort. Maybe Chick-Fil-A was her best option in her cirucmstances, and she wasn't expecting them to break the law in such a blatant way.
    Um, no, she could go work at a different fast food chain. You know, the 20 others who aren't owned by Southern Baptists.

I think people need to get a fucking clue and taking some personal responsibility; the lawsuits in the country make me annoyed.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This isn't news that just came out since the recent "controversial" story. I was already not patronizing Chik Fil A because of their history of employment discrimination and donations to causes I don't believe in before this recent shitstorm got revved up.
    Well I don't know about all that. Never heard anything about them being systemically discriminatory in their hiring practices.

Here's an article that came out after the gay marriage controversy though:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1709645.html

MBTI
    ISTx

Interesting article that makes a good point.

It would be refreshing, though, if it were expressed honestly, without the “of course we respect religious freedom” facade.

If you want to fine Catholic hospitals for following Catholic teaching, or prevent Jewish parents from circumcising their sons, or ban Chick-fil-A in Boston, then don’t tell religious people that you respect our freedoms. Say what you really think: that the exercise of our religion threatens all that’s good and decent, and that you’re going to use the levers of power to bend us to your will.

There, didn’t that feel better? Now we can get on with the fight.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/op...?smid=fb-share

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Things I managed to do by age 30:

~ Live in the South

~ Not get pregnant out of wedlock and/or by a man who didn't want to be a father

~ Not work for a corporation owned by religious people

~ Not sue someone because I wanted to post sexy pics of myself on the Internet yet teach children in a capacity connected to the state or federal government

~ Not get pregnant and teach at a private Christian school...ooops, wait, already covered that in previous points

People are goddamned sue-happy. IT GETS ON MY NERVES.

I mean even in a small town in West Virginia you can choose between Chick-Fil-A, Arby's, McDonald's, Shoney's and Kroger.

If anything, job opportunities for shitty low wage jobs are more plentiful in more slightly populated areas than in urban areas, where there's competition.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Um, no, she could go work at a different fast food chain. You know, the 20 others who aren't owned by Southern Baptists.

I think people need to get a fucking clue and taking some personal responsibility; the lawsuits in the country make me annoyed.
    Did you read my post?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

case in point: cvs came in and tore down a historic church now no one goes to the cvs because it was a big deal. politics didn't prevent it from happening, hell the people fought to save the church but at the end of the day cvs won out. the parking lot is alway mostly empty. maybe one day people will forgive them and start patronizing the store but i really think it will go under. same thing could happen to chik-fil-a.

not to mention we already have 3 drug stores in a 1/4 mile radius
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

Did you read my post?
    I did and it was sexy as hell, no i didn't but i'm sure it was.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    case in point: cvs came in and tore down a historic church now no one goes to the cvs because it was a big deal. politics didn't prevent it from happening, hell the people fought to save the church but at the end of the day cvs won out. the parking lot is alway mostly empty. maybe one day people will forgive them and start patronizing the store but i really think it will go under. same thing could happen to chik-fil-a.

not to mention we already have 3 drug stores in a 1/4 mile radius
    I've seriously considered going into historic preservation for reasons such as this. One of the jobs you can get is lobbying and writing letters and such so that corporations can't "develop" on historic properties.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did you read my post?
    I sure did, and I posted my response.