User Tag List

12 Last

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Default NBC edit out 7/7 tribute London 2012 opening ceremony.

From The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true

What do you guys think of this?

This does upset me, a bit, to be honest.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I wouldn't care if other countries edited out 9/11 tributes during American sporting events.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

7/7 happened hours after we got the Olympics, we should have been partying, but, we wasn't, too many bombs, dead pople and a total shut down of London's public transport system and police everywhere, even out in my borough checking for bombs under cars and stuff.

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I wouldn't care if other countries edited out 9/11 tributes during American sporting events.
    You're the 1%.

lol

"The opening and closing ceremonies, however, are entertainment spectacles."

Like the rest of the Olympics and Ryan Seacrest talking to Micheal Phelps? (nothing against Phelps.)

I want to see what our host country is doing... the talks can come before the respective games (EX: Phelps before the swimming matches.)

I heard that the NHS bit, which I thought was a bit daft in any case, was edit from US networks too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    You're the 1%.
    Are you constantly reminded of 7/7 in the UK like we're constantly reminded of 9/11 in the US?

"We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    From The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true

What do you guys think of this?

This does upset me, a bit, to be honest.
    I have read several critiques of the editing and presentation of the opening ceremonies, and generally agreed that the omitted portions should have been included, the advertising should have been limited, and the announcers should have shut up most of the time. Of course, these decisions were made for financial rather than artistic or public service reasons. If the audience sours on NBC, though, it will backfire. NBCfail indeed.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

52 people were randomly killed 7 years ago. Their family must have suffered a lot, but that's not very relevant on a global perspective. Still, the integrity of the spectacle was compromised by stingy reasons.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I heard that the NHS bit, which I thought was a bit daft in any case, was edit from US networks too.
    Nope. we saw the whole wierd thing.