User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Yeah, you were probably too busy skinning alligators to notice.
    If they had alligator wrestling in the opening ceremony, I'd watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It was totally lame compared to the Chinese ceremony, but I think most countries would have a tough time following that show.
    At least they pay tribute to Tim Berners Lee? I mean, he did make a huge contribution to what most people know of the internet. I don't know about the second part though. Maybe because it is too recent? I mean, oh gawd social networking stuff.

The first part with the Industrial Revolution was really nice, that is the part I really liked.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius is working at the Olympics, and was at the Hyde Park event. He did not get to see any of the opening ceremony though, as he was too busy clearing a cycle lanes which doubled up as an emergency exit, from being blocked by pedestrians, celebrities, and police with MP5 sub machine guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I was not impressed?

The weird industrialist dance moves, the children's hospital nightmares with giant puppet Voldemort, giant puppet baby and the cheesy sequence of bond and the queen we're my low lights. I also thought that the transformation from agrarian to industrialized nation seemed more like a set change than a show but that could just be NBCs fault.

I thought Mr. Bean was pretty good, I thought the forging of the olympic rings was beautiful and I was impressed by the olympic flame. Also the opening shots of the four countries was beautiful.

MBTI
    GONE

529 athletes damn that's a lot of athletes - US. And Ralph Lauren made the uniforms - but not made in the US? LOL.

And there's Mitt Romney!

I haven't seen the parade of nations in a while, I really enjoy seeing all the countries, especially the tiny island nations, central Asian countries "the 'Stans", amongst others.

Marchers are on their cel esl and iPads taking videos and 1 guy was filmed actually talking on his cel haha.

I didn't know you could be an independent no countrty representing athlete??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Those teenager adventures were awful. Seriously, what the fuck that has to do with Olympic games?
    Also, Hey Jude was a pretty bad choice for the moment.
    Anyways, for the most part, a great show.

Ah, so much whining in this thread. I saw the ceremony on a big screen in London and thought it was awesome. My favourite part was the lighting of the Olympic cauldron.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Those teenager adventures were awful. Seriously, what the fuck that has to do with Olympic games?
    Also, Hey Jude was a pretty bad choice for the moment.
    Anyways, for the most part, a great show.
    I was thinking the same thing. It seemed to me that a lot of the music they chose wasn't even composed by Brits (I could be wrong, I don't keep up on such things). But if they're going to play some non-British music, play something powerful like this, not the weak stuff they were playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShbwVeoxnc&t=24m0s
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I thought it was disappointing, it was very english and very london, of all the things which could've featured which didnt there's King Arthur and Camelot, Tolkein, Lewis, Doyle, Dahl, Shakespeare and HG Wells. That's just mentioning a few.

At least there were Corgis.
    To be fair, they opened with a passage from the Tempest.

Also, between forging that ring in the grey, smoldering wasteland area and the weird little Hobbit hill, I thought about Tolkien quite a bit, intentional or not.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?