User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I think Chick-fil-a is delicious.

Could not give less of a shit about the rest.

MBTI
    INTJ

I see a politician capitalizing on a popular story.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I never heard of these Chick-fil-A people but they sound alright, I agree with their views about the arrogance of the generation who supports homosexuality.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

What's up with these names?

Five Guys, In-N-Out, doing a Chick-Fil-A? (sounds kinky)
    They're opening up a smoothie place called 5 guys one cup
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    They're opening up a smoothie place called 5 guys one cup
    I much prefer:

I love Five Guys. In-N-Out might be the most overrated burger I've ever had.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I love Five Guys. In-N-Out might be the most overrated burger I've ever had.
    never had in-n-out, but the pictures didn't look too hot. Five Guys is pretty awesome, though. I like it better than chick-Fil-a.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I never heard of these Chick-fil-A people but they sound alright, I agree with their views about the arrogance of the generation who supports homosexuality.
    So serious question, then (since you volunteered the info): What exactly do you find arrogant about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I see a politician capitalizing on a popular story.
    Yeah, he was a little over the top, at the least.

I am in favor of marriage equality, but I would still eat at Chick-Fil-A. Who knows what the CEOs of other companies we patronize believe? Furthermore, who can say if the CEO's opinions are the same as the opinions of a majority of employees at the company? I'm sure high-ranking executives at plenty of companies have objectionable political opinions. If taken to its logical conclusion, a decision to boycott Chick-Fil-A would leave you sitting on your bare floor hungry and cold.
    That's kind of one of the things. The economy is more interconnected, so chances are we are supporting something we don't approve of (via providing profits) to some company out there. Which is why I think it's easier just doing it as a more personal decisions rather than as some rationalized, across the board moral decision about "not supporting investments in a particular cause."

if taken to the extreme of never supporting anything you disapprove of, well, you might as well just lock yourself naked into a room... or actually go out into the woods since you can't really justify owning property either. (Kind of like the ones who say they don't support the killing of animals but still benefit in some way from their demise -- foods, clothes, makeup, etc)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am in favor of marriage equality, but I would still eat at Chick-Fil-A. Who knows what the CEOs of other companies we patronize believe? Furthermore, who can say if the CEO's opinions are the same as the opinions of a majority of employees at the company? I'm sure high-ranking executives at plenty of companies have objectionable political opinions. If taken to its logical conclusion, a decision to boycott Chick-Fil-A would leave you sitting on your bare floor hungry and cold.
    Yeah, Target is owned by Mormons.

I won't shop at Wal-Mart though because they've actually committed heinous actions that can be pointed to.

I'm guessing Chick-Fil-A is simply owned by very conservative envangelical Christians. It's a Southern-based business, I'm quite familiar with it, and I do love their chicken sandwich with extra pickles.

Actually I think In-n-Out is also owned by Mormons. I think they have good food.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

So serious question, then (since you volunteered the info): What exactly do you find arrogant about it?
    That its possible to overturn the organically developed norms and social institutions of generations by legislating everyones opinions and what its permissable to think and say.

Hope that's plain and simple enough. Its as plain and simple as that.