User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsuz6n8ONtw&feature=related"]Meanwhile, in Baghdad[/YOUTUBE]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I agree with the first two points, but I think ten years is a little drastic; I say just make it something you need a license for (with a psychological evaluation being part of the process), similar to the way concealed carry works.
    I think the 10-yr waiting period offers a reasonable middle ground that should satisfy both sides just enough (i.e., mild dissatisfaction on both sides). Problems could arise around having just the psych evaluation measure; having both helps mitigate that problem.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think the 10-yr waiting period offers a reasonable middle ground that should satisfy both sides just enough (i.e., mild dissatisfaction on both sides). Problems could arise around having just the psych evaluation measure; having both helps mitigate that problem.
    A question for all you on the other side of the debate. Would this, or even just the heightened psychological screening be enough for you?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I don't agree or disagree with the comic strip above, just thought it was interesting and somewhat relevant. Replace the references to Tucson with Aurora, Colorado and it's perfectly up to date.
    Everything has a cost, including the price of liberty. First Amendment costs us the ability to deal with hate mongers like the Westboro Baptist Church, Fourth Amendment protects thievery, Fifth Amendment lets people get away with murder, Sixth Amendment costs government a whole bunch of money, not to mention exacerbate the problems caused by 4th and 5th. The Second Amendment has costs too, as that clever left wing comic points out.

Sucks that we don't live in a candy-cane world where we can get something for nothing, but here we are.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Everything has a cost, including the price of liberty. First Amendment costs us the ability to deal with hate mongers like the Westboro Baptist Church, Fourth Amendment protects thievery, Fifth Amendment lets people get away with murder, Sixth Amendment costs government a whole bunch of money, not to mention exacerbate the problems caused by 4th and 5th. The Second Amendment has costs too, as that clever left wing comic points out.

Sucks that we don't live in a candy-cane world where we can get something for nothing, but here we are.
    As @Victor will tell you, you only think that way cuz you're an ignorant American with no experience of the world beyond your borders.

Sucks that we don't live in a candy-cane world
    I never was a fan of candy canes anyways.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    As @Victor will tell you, you only think that way cuz you're an ignorant American with no experience of the world beyond your borders.
    What sucks is that I still can't get rid off my foreign accent, despite being an ignorant American.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I never was a fan of candy canes anyways.
    Not even the morphine kind?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What sucks is that I still can't get rid off my foreign accent, despite being an ignorant American.
    ..your accent shows up even in your writing! *points*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I don't agree or disagree with the comic strip above, just thought it was interesting and somewhat relevant. Replace the references to Tucson with Aurora, Colorado and it's perfectly up to date.
    To this point, the main thing that annoys me is, yes, the gun debate is more or less finished for the foreseeable future in this country, but there's this level of paranoia among gun owners that persists. Someone totally falsely imagining a threat to guns with zero evidence or support for the claim whatsoever *cough*Obama*cough* pushes people's entire political ideology. Oftentimes it will become their number one issue driven by nothing by a thick mist of unsubstantiated paranoia.

Of course, it's not the only issue driven almost exclusively by jumping at shadows, but it is one of the most prevalent.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

at work today, there was a guy working on electrical somethingorother outside in the back alley. i work in virginia, which is an open carry state.
    this guy had a 9mm in a holster strapped to his belt, and was indeed carrying openly. the weapon was plainly visible to anyone, whether you were looking for it or not.

unafraid, i asked him how many times he'd been robbed this week.
    anyone wanna guess what his answer was?
    we fukin won boys