User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 212

  1. #11
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Why would a civilian ever need to own a 50 calibre rifle? Because it's legal to buy in the USA.
    Feel free to make the argument that certain types of guns should be illegal because of the nature of that type of firearm.

  2. #12
    Senior Member acronach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp
    Posts
    306

    Default

    fun fact, there are more death annually in Washington DC than military casualties in Iraq. Their policy on gun control is...... (that statistic is a couple years old but its true and it does prove a point)
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

    Like a Baws

    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

  3. #13
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Why would a civilian ever need to own a 50 calibre rifle? Because it's legal to buy in the USA.
    Why shouldn't they? Because it's big and scary?

    It's not big and scary. Well, it's big, but impractical for most purposes except the ones that a big round is useful for. The guns for it are typically giant and loud and don't hold much ammo.

    Someone is more likely to use a Glock or shotgun or their Bushmaster or whatever than pick up a .50

  4. #14
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Not only should they be legal, but people should just sport them in visible holsters or in the open somehow. As if it's the renaissance..like people just walking around with swords. At the very least, that's enough of a deterrent for some areas. A lot of these attackers prey on places where people are at their most harmless, most assuming of the social contract between their fellow citizens, most unlikely to have weapons (like a school campus). Create a literal culture of death and violence and you'd stop some assholes who try to assert their strengths in a vacuum.

  5. #15
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Seems like a minor issue, either pro-firearm or anti-firearm.

  6. #16
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Seems like a minor issue, either pro-firearm or anti-firearm.
    Not everything is black and white, and this issue sure as hell isn't.
    ...

  7. #17
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Not everything is black and white, and this issue sure as hell isn't.
    Sounds pretty black to me.

  8. #18
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Seems like a minor issue, either pro-firearm or anti-firearm.
    What is? What I said? If so, I disagree. One problem with concealed weapons is it still gives you the appearance of a potential victim. It still forces a confrontation.. which, if you're lucky, you can surprise the attacker and be a hero (or not). Contrary to popular belief, most gun owners don't want a confrontation in the first place. Any kind of confrontation is stressful, but one where you have to shoot someone even moreso. If it was open carry, maybe a lot of confrontations wouldn't even start. And if this was on a cultural wide scale, people would probably maintain a different kind of space and respect for others.

  9. #19
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    A culture of death is far more pertinent than a gun culture or any range of firearms.

  10. #20
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sounds pretty black to me.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean.
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. The Gun Appreciation Thread
    By Rainman in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  2. Gun Control in the UK
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Gun Control in the UK (Not Gone, Is Being Fixed...)
    By Halla74 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
  4. American Gun Control (Version 2!)
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
  5. Gun Control
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO