User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 212

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    85

    Default

    With NDAA and Patriot Act being real things; the second amendment has never been so important. I support gun owners and gun clubs everywhere.

  2. #182
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I sure do hope the gov't is never stupid enough to try and take firearms back from the populace.

  3. #183
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I sure do hope the gov't is never stupid enough to try and take firearms back from the populace.
    I think it will probably happen, but discretely. And yes, it will be stupid.

  4. #184
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think it will probably happen, but discretely. And yes, it will be stupid.
    They're liable to get the bullets back first.

  5. #185
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    They're liable to get the bullets back first.
    Well, they're already getting bullets. And from more people than just us. So, yeah. Bullets be everywhere.

  6. #186
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Well, they're already getting bullets. And from more people than just us. So, yeah. Bullets be everywhere.
    I meant the gov't is liable to get them back at over 1000 ft per second.

  7. #187
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I meant the gov't is liable to get them back at over 1000 ft per second.
    I prefer using laser pointers on my government owned helicopters.

  8. #188
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I prefer using laser pointers on my government owned helicopters.
    When all else fails:


  9. #189
    Dependable Skeleton Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Gun control regulates the nutty law-abiding citizens who have no clue how to safely use or maintain firearms. In that way, it is good.
    What it does not do is limit firearms to the criminal element. They obtain firearms through other channels that do not require licenses. In that way it is bad.

    Those wanting more control: That's foolish, citizens need to defend themselves (if they are qualified to do so) and they have a Constitutional right to bear arms, so you can't just ban guns.
    Those wanting less control: That's also foolish, citizens without the proper training and licensing checks can wreak a hell of a lot of havoc; less control will also ease the acquisition of firearms by criminals.

    TL;DR:
    It's pretty good where it is right now. Not perfect, but is anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

  10. #190
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Gun control regulates the nutty law-abiding citizens who have no clue how to safely use or maintain firearms. In that way, it is good.
    What it does not do is limit firearms to the criminal element. They obtain firearms through other channels that do not require licenses. In that way it is bad.

    Those wanting more control: That's foolish, citizens need to defend themselves (if they are qualified to do so) and they have a Constitutional right to bear arms, so you can't just ban guns.
    Those wanting less control: That's also foolish, citizens without the proper training and licensing checks can wreak a hell of a lot of havoc; less control will also ease the acquisition of firearms by criminals.

    TL;DR:
    It's pretty good where it is right now. Not perfect, but is anything?
    I don't think saying we need more or less control can really cover all of the opinions out there.

    I want both more and less control. The problem isn't the level of the control as much as the implementation. I think downright bans on weapons are incredibly stupid, same goes for bans on concealed carry. I also think that most laws that say you can't take a gun to a certain place have their own level of stupidity. Do they really think that someone intent on commiting murder is going to follow one of those rules? In those categories I feel less control would be beneficial.

    However, I don't see a problem with requiring training or safety classes with the purchase of firearms, nor do I see a problem with registration of them.

    I'm fairly new to the realm of firearm use though, so take my words with a grain of salt.
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. The Gun Appreciation Thread
    By Rainman in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  2. Gun Control in the UK
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Gun Control in the UK (Not Gone, Is Being Fixed...)
    By Halla74 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
  4. American Gun Control (Version 2!)
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
  5. Gun Control
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO