User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Americans are so scary with their guns and their massacres, it's like somalia except less starving.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Most of us buy quality American grown shit.
    This wouldn't explain why such large amounts are being moved across the border, and why guns are moving the other way.

If they made guns illegal in the USA, I guarantee a bunch of factories would open up in Mexico and other countries which would then begin making guns and illegally smuggling them into the USA. The war on drugs has shown that we can not stop things coming into this country. For every pound of marijuana or cocaine that is stopped at the border how many pounds do you think actually make it in? 10? 50? Same with guns. Plus, I'll bet a good criminal that knows how to work metal could make guns, though they probably wouldn't be reliable.

There is no reason to restrict any kind of gun. There is no evidence that any restrictive legislation would have any impact. The Sikh temple shooting in WI and the Theater shooting in CO were tragedies, but put it in perspective with deaths due to disease, traffic accidents or even other murders where people kill people they know.

Crazy people will kill people. If those guys in WI and CO couldn't legally buy guns, they could easily have made explosives, locked the doors and lit the building on fire, acquired an airborne pathogen, or gotten illegal guns.

Nio, the answer is not less guns. It's more guns. Kennesaw, GA and the State of Vermont have laws on the books or being proposed that make people have to buy a gun and know how to use it. Damn good idea. I wish I had more money, I just can't afford a gun. If a theif were looking to rob or hijack a vehicle, do you think he would target a truck with a gun rack. If I had a sign in my lawn saying "Protected by Smith & Wesson" do you think a theif would choose MY house?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The USA is a signatory to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and in particular, the Right to Life. But as I write, more Americans are killed by gunshot in ten States of the USA than are killed in car accidents.
    THIS IS FALSE. IF YOU're going to bring information here and present it, where are your credible references? All this 'stuff' is just conjecture. I'm not buying it. And furthermore, it's not up for debate from a foreign national.

The USA is unable to help itself, so perhaps we could bring the USA before the bar of the United Nations, or perhaps before the International Criminal Court.
    We don't need any help. And we certainly don't need anything from any foreign national who is part of a country that has gone against the basic human spirit of freedom. Who also has less rights of and for its people.

And the United Nations is about as credible as the Star Wars intergalactic counsel. They're pretty funny. Yea, it's about the same feeling.

Go take care of your country's problems. Leave us alone. We're entitled to our Peaceful Enjoyment.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    it's not up for debate from a foreign national.
    Good heavens, you are the foreign national with your quaint accent and odd ideas and living in a foreign country to boot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Sorry if someone already posted this here.

What's happening in Illinois?

...I really don't understand people sometimes.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Sorry if someone already posted this here.

What's happening in Illinois?

...I really don't understand people sometimes.
    Yeah how ridiculous can people be?

I can understand examining things and seeing if we need to change laws or tighten control. I can't understand doing it in an idiotic and overly specific way.

This seems like a token bill which, on the one hand is sort of lenient in its wording, yet on the other hand it doesn't really do anything but inconvenience people because of that. So they get stuck with mags that hold 10 bullets and are .499 caliber or less. Big freakin deal. WWII and the Korean war were fought using the M1 Garand which is a .30-06 that holds 8 rounds.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah how ridiculous can people be?

I can understand examining things and seeing if we need to change laws or tighten control. I can't understand doing it in an idiotic and overly specific way.

This seems like a token bill which, on the one hand is sort of lenient in its wording, yet on the other hand it doesn't really do anything but inconvenience people because of that. So they get stuck with mags that hold 10 bullets and are .499 caliber or less. Big freakin deal. WWII and the Korean war were fought using the M1 Garand which is a .30-06 that holds 8 rounds.

Part of what annoys me about this bill is that with how it's worded it doesn't allow grandfathering in weapons or mags. If you own one, you have to turn it in. Is that even legal? If so, it's bound to piss off a whole lot of people who spent a lot of money. Maybe that's just an oversight or something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The USA is a signatory to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and in particular, the Right to Life. But as I write, more Americans are killed by gunshot in ten States of the USA than are killed in car accidents.
    We're excellent drivers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari