User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    hilarious story
    According to the making-off of A Fish Called Wanda they originally had a lot more scenes with the Kevin Kline character pulling his gun but they cut them after test showing the movie to a US audience.

There is a scene where the two American characters are at their hosts house in London when the home owner suddenly returns earlier than expected. Kline pulls a gun and hides behind a wall, prepared to shoot the "burglar". That scene was meant to be a joke, according to John Cleese the British audience heartily laughed at it but the American test audience remained stonefaced as this seemed normal behavior to them. They also cut most of the other scenes of his character playfully toying around with his gun. They originally shot several scenes of him shooting at cat's tails for sport but cut those out since neither of the test audiences liked that. They kept the scene where he is so angry to find the safe empty and the loot from the bank robbery missing that he shoots at the safe.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Incidentally, The Onion offered a hilarious and quite relevant take on gun control while addressing another topic entirely:

Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    There is a scene where the two American characters are at their hosts house in London when the home owner suddenly returns earlier than expected. Kline pulls a gun and hides behind a wall, prepared to shoot the "burglar". That scene was meant to be a joke, according to John Cleese the British audience heartily laughed at it but the American test audience remained stonefaced as this seemed normal behavior to them.
    The character should have said "Gentlemen, I have no need to be burglarized by you, goodbye."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    The character should have said "Gentlemen, I have no need to be burglarized by you, goodbye."
    Made me think of The Spy

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

this thread was created because of the shooting that occurred during the showing of batman. since it happened, there has been talk about the 2nd amendment and whatever-gun control

going through this thread, i did not see or maybe i might have skipped over something but no one mentioned anything about failure of health care being the issue.

i believe, for this problem, to prevent another tragedy as this one, the focus should be to avoid trying to kill health care bill and letting it be killed.

this would be a nice little step in the right direction.

yes, i posted a video of from zaunstar with his take on it but this was also my opinion as well.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    going through this thread, i did not see or maybe i might have skipped over something but no one mentioned anything about failure of health care being the issue.
    That's a good thought. I doubt it will get any traction though, as it allows for the possibility that something other than the presence of evil guns is responsible.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    That's a good thought. I doubt it will get any traction though, as it allows for the possibility that something other than the presence of evil guns is responsible.
    there are people whos lives have come to a halt due to illness, if there were resources available to everyone, which there are`nt, they`d be productive citizens, instead now they are wards of the state or criminals in prison, an now we are dealing with matters over the second amendment.

im surprised the focus has not shifted from evil guns yet.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

WALMART

i control my firearms rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Don't send me to Gitmo, man!

There is no more chance of that than stopping Americans using blood stained marijuana from Mexico, and then boasting about it to an international audience on Central.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Most of us buy quality American grown shit.