User Tag List

123 Last

Default Some people say that you are unlikely to vote in the next election. Is this true?

From my general impression, this forum is left-leaning, and also tends to skew near the college age.

Some people say that this demographic is unlikely to vote. Is this true?

Some people say the enthusiasm just isn't there. Is this true?

Others say, that even if you have the intention to vote, this demographic will likely get distracted or "too busy" to vote. Is this true?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    STUF

There is no reason to vote, the whole system is broken.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

The two main candidates are essentially the same.

If there is no choice, there really is no choice.

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll be out of the country on election day, but I've already ordered my absentee ballot and will most definitely vote.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I always vote in every election that pertains to me. I think it's a duty even if there majority candidates are lackluster there is still write ins or independents. it's a freedom not available every where and so I want to take advantage of it.

MBTI
    INFP

I voted in 2008 in Nebraska, but I never got around to registering in CA. =\ Bad girl, I know.

I'll vote. I hate mormons.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Out of posterity I vote even when faced with the choice the lesser of two evils. It just seems in general year after year I do so less enthusiastically.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'll probably end up doing the same thing I did in 2008, casting a protest vote for the presidential election (voting for another party). If you don't vote, no one cares, but if enough people vote for other parties, the Republicans and Democrats will notice (remember Ross Perot and the deficit in 1992).

Something that annoys me is that many people are less likely to vote in elections other than the presidency. Congressional, state, and local elections are just as important, I guess that's just not evident to many people.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Even the most stringent Republican should just vote for Obama. Their own voters need to send a message that they need to come up with better things than Sarah Palin or Mormons. They've completely lost it. That's worse than Dukakis and Mondale in the 80s.