User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    The mindset behind this has always been interesting to me. What makes you feel this way?
    "We can only go up from here" :P

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I am definitely going to vote. Every little bit counts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    But that's not actually true. Things could get much, much worse.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Agreed. But while I don't find anything compelling about Romney, he's more middle of the road and a safer choice. No body questions his fiscal responsibleness.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Which could also happen under the current administration.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I guess I am asking what would make you loyal to a particular candidate? Results?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Which could also happen under the current administration.
    Yes, it could, but I think we'll see more of the same (lack of action) if Obama gets reelected. Romney terrifies me. I don't think the guy has the slightest idea what it's like to be a "normal" person. He wonders why young people don't just borrow $20,000 from their parents to start a business. He thought he had it rough when he was younger and he and his wife had to "survive" on stock his father bought him (they didn't have enough money to "entertain", *gasp*). I'm not sure if we've ever had a presidential candidate who was this close to being an alien.

That said, I'm still voting for someone other than Romney or Obama.

Agreed. But while I don't find anything compelling about Romney, he's more middle of the road and a safer choice. No body questions his fiscal responsibleness.
    I do. The guy has never actually built anything. I don't think he knows how to do anything but cut costs. He's no Bill Gates.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I guess I am asking what would make you loyal to a particular candidate? Results?
    Under the current situation, not having much of an option would determine my loyalty... Obama or Romney. Makes my choice easy.

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't think he knows how to do anything but cut costs.
    Which is something that the country seriously needs to focus on... or we could just increase the debt deficit under Obama's watch.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Which is something that the country seriously needs to focus on... or we could just increase the debt deficit under Obama's watch.
    If we focus on cutting costs (the deficit) before focusing on jobs and getting the economy back on its feet, we'll be left with a shell of a country. I don't think Romney has any idea how to create jobs.