User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 111

  1. #81
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am saying not a single aboriginal person died as a result of uniting a whole Continent in Federation, and not a single aboriginal person died as a result of gaining our independence from Britain.

    However as is documented in, "Guns, Germs and Steel - the Fate of Societies", by your own Professor Jared Diamond, Australian aborigines, after a separation of 50,000 years from the rest of humanity, had no immunity whatsoever to common infections like the common cold. And these common infections, to which the settlers were largely immune, went up the river systems ahead of the settlers, and killed nine out of ten aborigines.

    And at the time aborigines were being killed by common infections, the germ theory of disease had not yet been invented. So no one, not the settlers and not the aborigines, knew what was happening.

    So in Australia there were no aboriginal wars. Of course when a literate culture meets a spoken culture there is mutual misunderstanding which led to murders on both sides. However when we could catch settlers murdering aborigines, we hanged them, and vica versa.

    However the Communist Party of Australia fabricated an aboriginal history falsely claiming the settlers waged war against the aborigines. This has been shown to be a fabrication in the three books of, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windschuttle.

    So it is literally true that not a single person died in uniting the whole Continent of Australia in Federation, and it is literally true that not single person died in gaining our independence from Britain - and certainly not any aborigines.
    So settlers coming to australia and killing a native person as a result of a misunderstanding doesn't count as a death?

  2. #82
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    It's kind of funny to me how people from other countries like to lord it over me that everyone hates the USA and Americans are the schmucks of the planet, and just because they happened to be born in a country that happened to have done things "more correctly" in the time before they were even born, they think that that somehow reflects onto them as a person, and they are happy to feel superior. Sorry, don't buy it.

    Yea, the United States has a brutal history and that has translated into many modern day issues that contrast with those of other countries. We understand that a lot better than someone from another country, I can tell you.

    I am a little suspicious of anyone who describes their country in such a clandestine way.
    ( . )( . )

  3. #83
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon, Americans want two things - they want power and they want to be loved.

    But alas these two things are not compatible.

    So when Americans find they have power but are not loved, they act as though they have been jilted and accuse us of being jealous.

    But consider, all abusers want two things - they want power over their victim and they want their victim to love them. And guess what - if the victim doesn't love them, the victim is to blame.

    So now you're our abused lover?

    Since we're throwing out senseless generalizations of entire nations, with utter disregard to the diversity and complex social structure of said nations, allow me to add this:

    Australians want two things: Firstly, they desperately want some way to assert themselves as important despite their place on the periphery of world affairs. Secondly, they desperately want to believe that "Crocodile Dundee" was a legitimate contribution to cinema despite the fact that it sucked assssssssssssssss.

  4. #84
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,539
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Oh, the colonists fought with aboriginals for some 150 years, did the reservations thing, gave them deadly smallpox, etc etc and the penal colonies had a few rebellions but that wasn't the Commonwealth of Australia yet. Oh no. The Commonwealth of Australia magically appeared in 1901 after all the real work had been done a while before that.

    Note that this is indeed historically accurate, and also quite sarcastic.
    C'mon, it's plain you don't know the history of Australia but are merely rehashing popular misperceptions.

    The settlers never fought a war with aborigines for at one point disease had reduced them to 5,000 over a whole continent.

    There was no spreading of smallpox with blankets in Australia, rather the USA used infected blankets to spread smallpox to the American aborigines. You are projecting your crimes onto us.

    And I don't know where you got the idea there were rebellions in the Australian colonies. There was a rebellion in the American colonies against lawful authority and I think once again you are projecting American history onto Australia.

    It is galling to think that the USA is Australia's principal ally when you keep making such tenth rate propaganda against us.

    And I think you keep making such tenth rate propaganda against us because we show you up by comparison.

  5. #85
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon, it's plain you don't know the history of Australia but are merely rehashing popular misperceptions.

    The settlers never fought a war with aborigines for at one point disease had reduced them to 5,000 over a whole continent.

    There was no spreading of smallpox with blankets in Australia, rather the USA used infected blankets to spread smallpox to the American aborigines. You are projecting your crimes onto us.

    And I don't know where you got the idea there were rebellions in the Australian colonies. There was a rebellion in the American colonies against lawful authority and I think once again you are projecting American history onto Australia.

    It is galling to think that the USA is Australia's principal ally when you keep making such tenth rate propaganda against us.

    And I think you keep making such tenth rate propaganda against us because we show you up by comparison.
    Yes ok. Australia is pretty awesome, I agree.

    And yes technically there was no war. It's as you describe it - a series of disagreements or misunderstandings resulting in some murders. I agree that it wasn't like the colonists came in and sought to slaughter everyone.

    Also I agree that the few 'rebellions' were not large scale and were in themselves disagreements you could say, and could hardly be called rebellions when compared to other things.

    However, I don't see how it makes any of this behavior 'ok' or 'better' somehow.

    What you say is accurate in a certain light, but the issue of colonization itself bothers me. It bothers me that it happened here or anywhere. It's like distinguishing someone as a peaceful robber.

  6. #86
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    @Victor ,

    You rarely talk back to me,


    And it makes me sad.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are projecting your crimes onto us.

    ( . )( . )

  8. #88
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,539

    Exploding and Imploding

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    the issue of colonization itself bothers me. It bothers me that it happened here or anywhere. It's like distinguishing someone as a peaceful robber.
    The printing press was invented in 1440 and it exploded us outward to colonise the whole world.

    However the electric telegraph was invented in 1840 and is imploding us inward onto each other.

  9. #89
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,539
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    @Victor ,

    You rarely talk back to me,

    And it makes me sad.
    I wonder if you really are robotic and what is means.

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Mate, if you want to keep your military bases on Australian soil and continue to fly killer robots up into Asia, you might mollify your critics.
    If American gun laws ever become an impediment to American military presence in Australia, I'll eat my hat.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Where have YOU traveled to?
    By Synthetic Darkness in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 03:44 AM
  2. Boy Scouts (USA) To Train To Fight Terrorists and More...
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 03:20 AM
  3. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM
  4. USA Satellite-Surveillance Program to Begin Despite Privacy Concerns
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
  5. USA Feds to collect DNA from every person they arrest
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO