User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Mr Fischer, who attracted considerable criticism from his rural constituency over his support of gun law reforms, said Australia had managed to drain the suburbs of semi-automatic firearms while protecting the rights of farmers and sporting shooters.
    Sounds like not everyone in Australia feels as you do. That also doesn't sound gun free.

And it is good you made this thread to warn anyone from Australia. Hopefully it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    No, no, no...get with the program. Not one Aboriginal person died or suffered due to a white Australian! There is no blood on the wattle. Victor will tell you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllll about that. (if he hasn't already.)
    Thank you for the opportunity to tell you again.

Quite unlike the Americans, we united a whole Continent without killing anyone, including aborigines, and we gained our independence without killing anyone, including aborigines. We are a model modern society based on the Enlightenment.

We are the quiet Australians, the modest Australians, quite modest about our achievements, while the Americans boast to world about the killing of Americans in gaining their independence and uniting a Continent.

And not only this, the Americans never tire of telling us they are the Exceptional nation, the Light on the Hill, and we should follow their example. Thank God we have not followed the American example, and will not follow the American example. We follow along our own path of the Enlightenment based on evidence and reason and seeking the greatest good for the greatest number.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Sounds like not everyone in Australia feels as you do. That also doesn't sound gun free.

And it is good you made this thread to warn anyone from Australia. Hopefully it helped.
    As I write, Americans are lining up to come to Australia. Why, one of our unions is bringing 2,000 Americans in a job lot to work in Australia. Naturally we expect them to leave their guns at home.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    3.45 firearm related homicides per 100 inhabitants D= and that's not including knifings, beatings, and other assorted methods of death dealing?

that sounds a little strange, but perhaps that's my emotion kicking up....
    3.4 per hundred thousand. 100,000

Remember that some people use a point as a thousands separator. (and some people use a comma as the decimal separator.) In Germany I think it is the reverse of what we use in the US - comma before decimal fractions, and point to separate thousands.

Also this number is nation wide. In some places it spikes and in other places it is lower. Some places might be 16 per 100,000 and some might be less than 1 per 100,000

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

The world hates us because they're jealous.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Blaming the Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    The world hates us because they're jealous.
    C'mon, Americans want two things - they want power and they want to be loved.

But alas these two things are not compatible.

So when Americans find they have power but are not loved, they act as though they have been jilted and accuse us of being jealous.

But consider, all abusers want two things - they want power over their victim and they want their victim to love them. And guess what - if the victim doesn't love them, the victim is to blame.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Thank you for the opportunity to tell you again.

Quite unlike the Americans, we united a whole Continent without killing anyone, including aborigines, and we gained our independence without killing anyone, including aborigines. We are a model modern society based on the Enlightenment.

We are the quiet Australians, the modest Australians, quite modest about our achievements, while the Americans boast to world about the killing of Americans in gaining their independence and uniting a Continent.

And not only this, the Americans never tire of telling us they are the Exceptional nation, the Light on the Hill, and we should follow their example. Thank God we have not followed the American example, and will not follow the American example. We follow along our own path of the Enlightenment based on evidence and reason and seeking the greatest good for the greatest number.
    Excuse me what? Your claiming that not a single aboriginal person died as a result of european settlement in australia?

Also you seem to never tire of telling what an exceptional nation Australia is.......my god.....it can't be.................you are following our example!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon, Americans want two things - they want power and they want to be loved.

But alas these two things are not compatible.

So when Americans find they have power but are not loved, they act as though they have been jilted and accuse us of being jealous.

But consider, all abusers want two things - they want power over their victim and they want their victim to love them. And guess what - if the victim doesn't love them, the victim is to blame.
    That you message me that I'm 'Outgunned' and out powered shows your thread, this thread..is not about fear in any form and it's not about a means whether nets, guns, boomerangs or nerf rockets and it has all to do with desire for power that you show.

You don't have any right to force your opinion on me or anyone.

Your thread topic is fraudulent. I'm sorry I offered you my time and efforts to discover your thread is deceptive and of a hidden agenda. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

It's a bit rash to post this but, reluctantly as I am to do so, this I am sure after reading..others will feel undermined and they won't appreciate what you're trying to do here either.

So I've contributed all I'm going to to this.

Wrote here..I have to go wash my hands.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Excuse me what? Your claiming that not a single aboriginal person died as a result of european settlement in australia?

Also you seem to never tire of telling what an exceptional nation Australia is.......my god.....it can't be.................you are following our example!
    I am saying not a single aboriginal person died as a result of uniting a whole Continent in Federation, and not a single aboriginal person died as a result of gaining our independence from Britain.

However as is documented in, "Guns, Germs and Steel - the Fate of Societies", by your own Professor Jared Diamond, Australian aborigines, after a separation of 50,000 years from the rest of humanity, had no immunity whatsoever to common infections like the common cold. And these common infections, to which the settlers were largely immune, went up the river systems ahead of the settlers, and killed nine out of ten aborigines.

And at the time aborigines were being killed by common infections, the germ theory of disease had not yet been invented. So no one, not the settlers and not the aborigines, knew what was happening.

So in Australia there were no aboriginal wars. Of course when a literate culture meets a spoken culture there is mutual misunderstanding which led to murders on both sides. However when we could catch settlers murdering aborigines, we hanged them, and vica versa.

However the Communist Party of Australia fabricated an aboriginal history falsely claiming the settlers waged war against the aborigines. This has been shown to be a fabrication in the three books of, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windschuttle.

So it is literally true that not a single person died in uniting the whole Continent of Australia in Federation, and it is literally true that not single person died in gaining our independence from Britain - and certainly not any aborigines.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post

Oh, the colonists fought with aboriginals for some 150 years, did the reservations thing, gave them deadly smallpox, etc etc and the penal colonies had a few rebellions but that wasn't the Commonwealth of Australia yet. Oh no. The Commonwealth of Australia magically appeared in 1901 after all the real work had been done a while before that.

Note that this is indeed historically accurate, and also quite sarcastic.