User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Americans enjoy their freedoms and their 2nd Amendment rights. Thank you. You don't get to vote here.

Signed,
    The Rest of The United States of America
    But so few of you vote. How can you possibly know what the people of the USA want?

In Oz, almost everyone votes as our civic duty, and so we know what everyone wants, and we don't want USA gun culture and mass murder in schools, movie theatres and malls.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Things Victor hates:

1) USA
    2) Islam
    3) MBTI

Things Victor loves:

1) Inner self
    2) making real vital connections with forum members whom he visualizes intimately in their bedrooms or sitting on their couch in their boxers

Conclusion:

Victor is an Fi dom.

Carry on, Victor, carry on.

P.S. I actually agree with you about 'Merka, in this particular instance.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Because you guys did pretty well with the Aborigines without guns, huh?
    Read your very own Professor Jared Diamond in "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies", to discover the fate of Aborigines, rather than repeating vindictive propaganda shown to be false in the three volumes of, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windschuttle.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For those Australians thinking of visiting the USA with your family to spend your high Aussie dollar, you might like to consider that you have not twice the chance, or 3 times the chance, or 4 times, or 5 times, or 6 times, or 7 times or 8 times, or 9 times, or 10 times, or 11 times, or 12 times, or 13 times, or 14 times, but fifteen times the chance of being shot to death in the USA than Australia.
    The greater the risk, the greater the reward!

MBTI
    GONE

Read your very own Professor Jared Diamond in "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies", to discover the fate of Aborigines, rather than repeating vindictive propaganda shown to be false in the three volumes of, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windschuttle.
    In this case I could advise you of the very same.

In Oz, almost everyone votes as our civic duty...
    Meaning voting is compulsory and you can be fined for not voting. You consider this more enlightened than giving people free choice to vote or not in a democracy? To each their own - oh wait, YOU MUST HAVE AN OPINION!

You've pretty much stated that you love the British empire and the monarchy and you love spouting anti-Muslim rhetoric. So starting a thread on how much more enlightened you or de facto your country is compared to America/ns because you have Australian citizenship loses any luster of moral authority. It just comes off as more hubris and jingoism. If you were a Canadian environmentalist at least I could nod and empathize with where you're coming from.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

I do think you could sympathise with me but I think empathy is beyond you.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

You MONSTER.

But seriously, my point was your observations about the US and gun policy or whatnot would be better received if it came from a place that wasn't so overtly nationalistic itself i.e. Pro-Australian. Next you'll start a thread about McDonald's and how the US is making the world fat but people in Australia are naturally thin because you all have a civic duty to tan and surf 3 hours a day.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

Not to mention that '15 times the chance' is meaningless.

At least make a more legitimate gripe that doesn't hinge on a mathematical fallacy.

Multiplication sounds big because of the way it works. If you think about it though, '15 times the chance' is only worth something if people also get shot in Australia, because it is completely invalidated otherwise.

Maybe the odds of getting shot in Australia is something like getting struck by lightning, but were taking such a low number and multiplying it by only 15 which makes it STILL a low number. You go from 1 in a million to 15 in a million. Whoopty doo.

Edit: and on that note, if something in Australia times only 15 is frightening enough to reconsider travel then that reflects just as much on Australia. If multiplying it by 15 is such a worry, then I'd not only say "Reconsider travel to the US" but I'd also say "Reconsider living in Australia" as well. It cracks me up when people think tiny numbers are big. If you had to take a shoe off to count that high then it must be significant!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Next you'll start a thread about McDonald's and how the US is making the world fat but people in Australia are naturally thin because you all have a civic duty to tan and surf 3 hours a day.
    We rock our thongs!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

But so few of you vote. How can you possibly know what the people of the USA want?

In Oz, almost everyone votes as our civic duty, and so we know what everyone wants, and we don't want USA gun culture and mass murder in schools, movie theatres and malls.
    You don't get to vote, Victor.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJs9p-VNORw&feature=related"]GUNS! GUNS AND FREEDOM! AND GUNS![/YOUTUBE]