User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 111

  1. #101
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I can't put a moderator and administrator on Ignore. So for you to constantly try to pick a fight with me is an abuse of your position as moderator and administrator.

    You have a history of doing this with me so I ask you to cease and desist.

    I think shes threatened by display of intelligence =X

    Also, i like your observation on the history of typeface and global expansion.

  2. #102
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    So Victor, what about the Port Arthur massacre? How/why do you think that happened? Pretty horrific as I recall. I didn't think it was even POSSIBLE for such things to happen in Aus!
    Firearms regulations were tightened super hard on the eve of that. It shook the country, and semi-automatic weapons were made illegal amongst other restrictions.

    Typically the Aussies who have a problem with our firearms laws are farmers and sports shooters, a large majority support tight restrictions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Excuse me what? Your claiming that not a single aboriginal person died as a result of european settlement in australia?

    Also you seem to never tire of telling what an exceptional nation Australia is.......my god.....it can't be.................you are following our example!
    On the topic of firearms ownership Victor is pretty much in line with the typical Aussie, we don't want our neighbours armed. On the topic of the treatment of Aboriginals by the first settlers Victor is very much a minority.

    Those who disagree with him are polluted by the communist agenda though, so should be ignored, naturally. Just know that his Guru Windschuttle's book is criticised as "one of the most implausible, ignorant and pitiless books about Australian history written for many years" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Windschuttle


    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Secondly, they desperately want to believe that "Crocodile Dundee" was a legitimate contribution to cinema despite the fact that it sucked assssssssssssssss.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU FILTHY HEATHEN!

  3. #103
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,643

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA"]X[/YOUTUBE]
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  4. #104
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think shes threatened by display of intelligence =X

    Also, i like your observation on the history of typeface and global expansion.
    Please don't encourage him. He just wants the entire world to walk around in a catatonic "noosphere". Deciphering what he says will leave you feeling special and intelligent but by in large he just devours sense and regurgitates it as nonsense.

  5. #105
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Please don't encourage him. He just wants the entire world to walk around in a catatonic "noosphere". Deciphering what he says will leave you feeling special and intelligent but by in large he just devours sense and regurgitates it as nonsense.

    I am moderately aware of the action i take and will continue to do so in a manner i see fit.

    He's like a more serious RaptorWizard, or a less neurotic U. Nothing wrong with attempting to reinforce bonds, all parties involved grow.

  6. #106
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    On the topic of firearms ownership Victor is pretty much in line with the typical Aussie, we don't want our neighbours armed.
    That speaks in favor of Australians.

    On the topic of the treatment of Aboriginals by the first settlers Victor is very much a minority.
    That speaks in favor of Australians.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  7. #107
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Firearms regulations were tightened super hard on the eve of that. It shook the country, and semi-automatic weapons were made illegal amongst other restrictions.

    Typically the Aussies who have a problem with our firearms laws are farmers and sports shooters, a large majority support tight restrictions.

    On the topic of firearms ownership Victor is pretty much in line with the typical Aussie, we don't want our neighbours armed. On the topic of the treatment of Aboriginals by the first settlers Victor is very much a minority.

    Those who disagree with him are polluted by the communist agenda though, so should be ignored, naturally. Just know that his Guru Windschuttle's book is criticised as "one of the most implausible, ignorant and pitiless books about Australian history written for many years" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Windschuttle

    YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU FILTHY HEATHEN!
    Don't be misled. Emeritus Professor of History Claudio Veliz, the doyen of American historians, describes, "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windschuttle, as a seminal work of Australian history and one of the most important books of our time.

    And we think so little of Keith Windschuttle we have made him editor of our magazine of record for public intellectuals.

    On the other hand the doyen of historians pushing the black armband view of Australian history, Manning Clark, was awarded the Order of Lenin for his services to the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, which he proudly wore to cocktail parties at the Russian Embassy just across the road from me.

  8. #108
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That speaks in favor of Australians.

    That speaks in favor of Australians.
    Oh Herring, just think - I almost got you onside by appealing to you through your felines Holmes and Watson, but my appeal went unheeded and now you take every opportunity to give me little jabs from across the world. I would like to think I am being punished for my sins, yet I am unrepentant.

  9. #109
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,643

    Default

    Not everything I say or do refers to you, Victor.

    And as for my felines, please stop mentioning them. That feels invasive, as if you want to sneak your way into my personal space against my will.

    I started considering you a friend when I joined the forum and appreciated your contributions at first. It was your simplistic worldview, a certain amusing disregard for the laws of logic and your refusal to truely engage other people, but most of all your persistent attempts at enforcing a degree of emotional intimacy on me that I did not feel comfortable with (and your perceiving me as something I am not and do not want to be) that ended that friendship.
    Ever since you have reacted emotionally and interpreted it as a personal affront when I disagreed with your worldview or as much as participated in the same thread as you. Let's act like adults, shall we?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  10. #110
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Not everything I say or do refers to you, Victor.

    And as for my felines, please stop mentioning them. That feels invasive, as if you want to sneak your way into my personal space against my will.

    I started considering you a friend when I joined the forum and appreciated your contributions at first. It was your simplistic worldview, a certain amusing disregard for the laws of logic and your refusal to truely engage other people, but most of all your persistent attempts at enforcing a degree of emotional intimacy on me that I did not feel comfortable with (and your perceiving me as something I am not and do not want to be) that ended that friendship.
    Ever since you have reacted emotionally and interpreted it as a personal affront when I disagreed with your worldview or as much as participated in the same thread as you. Let's act like adults, shall we?
    This leave me with no alternative but to put you on Ignore and I would be grateful if you would follow suit.

Similar Threads

  1. Where have YOU traveled to?
    By Synthetic Darkness in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 03:44 AM
  2. Boy Scouts (USA) To Train To Fight Terrorists and More...
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 03:20 AM
  3. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM
  4. USA Satellite-Surveillance Program to Begin Despite Privacy Concerns
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
  5. USA Feds to collect DNA from every person they arrest
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO