User Tag List

First 12345 Last

WALMART

@Marmotini ,

yes. you have an accurate worldview. it's nice.

when i state i am unsure of what morality even is, i was speaking metaphorically. i know what morality is. but i cannot describe it, and i will not attempt to for anyone else. this actual philosophy is what took me to buddhism =X i <3 the middle road. idk how big you are on people being open with stuff like that.

we (america) are kind of in a weird place, eh? in many more ways than one.

moderate views on most things is good. impossible to anger, strong enough to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Okay well first of all it alarmed me that you responded thusly to a post that talked about how people fleeing Soviet rule would be imprisoned if they set foot back in Russia because they made money however they could in order to get away.

Secondly, I think globalism will eradicate individual cultures and ethnicities, and replace it with what? Corporate jingles? ... which I think is nothing short of sick.
    They didn't make money however they could to get away. They basically worked like fraudsters to a baby Russian government after 1989. Take note, this is after the so called "end" of the Cold War and Russia formed a new government. Which is WHY the Russian government got so mad. Those frauds took all that money (millions of it) and moved to America to flee with their money. While they had their Yachts and etc in the Pacific Ocean, every Russian that decided to stay and rebuild their country had to work twice as hard. In a similar situation, it would be like what these frauds are doing now, they are basically robbing America of what it has (however they can,) leave it in ruin for the rest of the country to fix, and bring every asset they have to another place for safe keeping.

It is your typical case of extract and burn.

Sometimes, to fight a globalist, you need to think like a globalist. These people are globalist, they don't have a country they call home like most of us do. In fact, most countries have gotten their resources token away from these globalist with none of them going back to their respective countries. I can assure you most countries have a problem with these people as they have left many of countries in tatters (or near harm.)

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    They didn't make money however they could to get away. They basically worked like fraudsters to a baby Russian government after 1989. Take note, this is after the so called "end" of the Cold War and Russia formed a new government. Which is WHY the Russian government got so mad. Those frauds took all that money (millions of it) and moved to America to flee with their money. While they had their Yachts and etc in the Pacific Ocean, every Russian that decided to stay and rebuild their country had to work twice as hard. In a similar situation, it would be like what these frauds are doing now, they are basically robbing America of what it has (however they can,) leave it in ruin for the rest of the country to fix, and bring every asset they have to another place for safe keeping.

Sometimes, to fight a globalist, you need to think like a globalist. These people are globalist, they don't have a country they call home like most of us do. In fact, most countries have gotten their resources token away from these globalist with none of them going back to their respective countries. I can assure you most countries have a problem with these people as they have left many of countries in tatters (or near harm.)

do you/have you played the metal gear solid series?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    My opinions have become a lot more moderate the more I've learned about the world, though my belief in human rights and freedom remains the same.
    That's funny, because, the more I learn about the world and what is occurring, the more I feel like I am being pulled more and more in a certain direction like it can no longer be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    do you/have you played the metal gear solid series?
    LONG time ago. Not sure how much has changed since then though.

FigerPuppet

I'm surprised no batshit libertarians/Rontards have popped up in here yet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    i doubt very seriously that it was all stored off shore legally. if the governments thought they could get more in taxes than they by selling loopholes, they'd just do that.
    after all, government is the biggest business of all, and you don't get to the top without that kind of shrewd practice.
    I can't agree with that. US Senators get nothing, personally, out of closing loopholes. They do get something out of NOT closing loopholes, campaign contributions.

I doubt it was all stored legally, but much of it was. That's what the wealthy do, they lobby to make their unethical practices legal, and they do it under the guise of the "free market".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

After watching the dark knight rises I'm not so sure having an insane lunatic rob the wealthy and throw society into anarchic chaos would be such a bad thing in the major metropolitan regions of the world.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm beginning to suspect we've found @Rail Tracer's pet topic.

I.E. - fighting the man, or fighting against the consolidation of global wealth. While both are noble aims I wouldn't be so quick to cry wolf.

There are a ton of Russian Oligarchs still in Russia who took over state run industries while filling the power vacuum after the Berlin wall fell.

Your enthusiasm for the topic has outweighed your understanding of it from the get go.

EDIT - why just today I was reading about 2 Russian Oligarchs duking it out in the London court system on the daily beast. It didn't sound like they couldn't go back to their country. The link you draw between oligarchs filling the power vacuum post berlin wall, and US corporate interests is facile at best and a mischaracterization at worst.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...fshore-economy

Cayman Islands and Switzerland.

These people should go into a a big fat episode of hoarders.

Talk about tax fleeing and off-shoring money on a grand scale. Talk about stimulating the economy.

In perspective, we can wipe out our own debt and STILL have money left over.
    I know.

Did you know that Reagan asked the UK not to adjust its permissable tax avoidance as the economies of a number of off shore islands around the US would collapse? The policy of both the UK and US in relation to tax avoidance and so called "Treasure Islands" was part of the Cold War strategy during the history of superpower conflict because it was felt it could possibly placate domestic elites while preventing dominio theory style collapses of poor off shore states to communism, particularly after Cuba's take over by Castro.

Although I suspect that neither Thatcher nor Reagan, who despite support for free trade and laissez faire capitalism were both national capitalists, thought they were sowing the seeds for future elites to defy any national obligations and stoke the growing democratic deficit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hmm, actually no...I've met more Russians for some reason than the average American, I walk outside and they fall out of the sky and teach me math or offer me jobs or become my therapist, and my math professor in particular described to me what it was like when the Soviet Union broke down (it was hell and chaos, which is why so many Russians love Putin for saving the country financially) and how he worked three jobs and was so happy to be able to earn money, and told me funny stories about Russian mobsters...and I've come to to the belief that sincerely some people were just doing what they could to get away, and they had no obligation at that point to stay there in the middle of that.

On the other hand, I know there are "bad" people who take advantage of whomever they can and make off like bandits, but I think because of the specific nature of perestroika that some ordinary people probably would get hurt too if our government had actually cooperated with Russia to ship those people back to Russian prisons.

But I agree that people do whatever they can to protect their money, some do, it's like all the Swiss bank accounts in the 80's or whatever, and I don't think a global government is the answer.

In fact, I think Putin himself has secret off-shore accounts from what I've heard, but the man economically saved Russia, even still.

I don't like globalist thinking, I don't think it's really good in extremes, and we have organizations like the UN to deal with this sort of thing. If people from the U.S. have done this, well it's also partly the U.S.'s fault for having insane tax laws in the first place, let's create more reasonable national laws before we even think about global.

Nations taking care of themselves can prevent a lot of this, and in the case that they can't, I'm not sure it's the answer to take over. For example the way the Mexican government acts is appalling, but what are we supposed to do, invade and conquer Mexico?