User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified (though I tried to make it seem like I wasn't completely serious). Republicans currently believe that taxing the rich doesn't work because then they will just take their money somewhere else.
    When the government from Russia changed, the people that made money (by swindling) off of the change, fled to America.

Ever since then, those people have been branded as traitors, if they are ever caught or set foot back in Russia, those people will immediately be imprisoned.

Likewise, I don't see how/why are we so dependent on these rich people. Whether we give them tax breaks or not, it does not escape the situation.

Hypothetically speaking, we can change the currency we have and completely null all their money. No government would want the old American dollars. Similar to how the Eurozone was created, money like the Franc are pretty much useless (as money at least.)
    We can freeze the assets of those people before they are even allowed to move their funds to a private institution.
    We can accept the fact that they don't care about the U.S. and tax them for them to leave. Then we can rebuild the states to ourselves and truly make a country that is by the people and for the people, or keep begging them like we seem to be now. After all, 4 years is already enough to see their viewpoint when it comes to the states.

If they are unwilling to pay their share, or hiding their tax money, we can just kick them out. They are not needed in a country where the people are slaving their way when it comes to working.

WALMART

my views are constantly evolving, but this is one of the reasons i'm pro-unified world governance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    my views are constantly evolving, but this is one of the reasons i'm pro-unified world governance.
    Wait...what?

Oh hell no.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Wait...what?

Oh hell no.

You don't feel oppressors in Africa should be held liable for their actions?

I intentionally stated my phrase ambiguously for a reason, I knew it wasn't correct but still wanted to get my opinion out there. I should have phrased my statement differently. I'm pro "some form" of world governance. Like... global cooperation.

But I guess the UN exists for a reason, eh?

Plus, when I think of governments, I think of sci-fi. Someday we'll have to have an ambassador to Earth, right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You don't feel oppressors in Africa should be held liable for their actions?

I intentionally stated my phrase ambiguously for a reason, I knew it wasn't correct but still wanted to get my opinion out there. I should have phrased my statement differently. I'm pro "some form" of world governance. Like... global cooperation.

But I guess the UN exists for a reason, eh?
    Okay well first of all it alarmed me that you responded thusly to a post that talked about how people fleeing Soviet rule would be imprisoned if they set foot back in Russia because they made money however they could in order to get away.

Secondly, I think globalism will eradicate individual cultures and ethnicities, and replace it with what? Corporate jingles? ... which I think is nothing short of sick.

Thirdly, it deprives people of the freedom to live differently in different parts of the world. People can respect one another but remain different.

What you just suggested is one of my worst nightmares. Essentially that, or extreme anarcho-capitalism.

WALMART

Okay well first of all it alarmed me that you responded thusly to a post that talked about how people fleeing Soviet rule would be imprisoned if they set foot back in Russia because they made money however they could in order to get away.

i just so happened to post after him =P although i'd argue that's unfair legislature..

Secondly, I think globalism will eradicate individual cultures and ethnicities, and replace it with what? Corporate jingles? ... which I think is nothing short of sick.

i think you are correct. but i think globalism is about as inelastic as time itself.

Thirdly, it deprives people of the freedom to live differently in different parts of the world. People can respect one another but remain different.

i agree. my black friends left texas and i don't think have wanted to come back since.

What you just suggested is one of my worst nightmares. Essentially that, or extreme anarcho-capitalism.[/QUOTE]

yeah. i guess i'm just not afraid of governments. i should be, huh?

WALMART

i just so happened to post after him =P although i'd argue that's unfair legislature..

i think you are correct. but i think globalism is about as inelastic as time itself.

i agree. my black friends left texas and i don't think have wanted to come back since.

What you just suggested is one of my worst nightmares. Essentially that, or extreme anarcho-capitalism.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Whether it is or not is a matter of personal taste, apparently there are people who march through Red Square who want the old ways back. I'm hesitant to suggest how much we should play world police, because there can also be flaws in our way, and our way can become oppressive if we insist our morality is the only one, so I am cautious of it, and it is why I am interested in other cultures. Though I do agree that extremes like there being no rape laws in certain countries is insane.

I am not sure how much it is one country's place to say what others can do. It depends on how extreme it is.

Well I don't think you should be afraid of governments like some ranting machine-gun stock piling Objectivist who does not realize that even without government, business could rise up and be your government (as it has very much already begun to be in the U.S.) just as religion once was. I am not buying the argument that government, in and of itself, is the root of all human oppression. No wai, that's so silly I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On the other hand it's good to have a healthy fear of overly enforcing anything, even if you have good intentions. The Bolsheviks had good intentions, and so did Hitler.

Don't be like Hitler.

WALMART

Whether it is or not is a matter of personal taste, apparently there are people who march through Red Square who want the old ways back. I'm hesitant to suggest how much we should play world police, because there can also be flaws in our way, and our way can become oppressive if we insist our morality is the only one, so I am cautious of it, and it is why I am interested in other cultures. Though I do agree that extremes like there being no rape laws in certain countries is insane.

I am not sure how much it is one country's place to say what others can do. It depends on how extreme it is.

i am not sure either. but i do know executive action is occasionally needed in order to keep shit off the proverbial fan.

i'm also fairly unsure of what morality even is, lol. but, i mean... is there anything we can or should do to keep another ten generations of the female species from being oppressed? what about the kids? i think about the kids, usually. poor guys.

Well I don't think you should be afraid of governments like some ranting machine-gun stock piling Objectivist who does not realize that even without government, business could rise up and be your government (as it has very much already begun to be in the U.S.) just as religion once was. I am not buying the argument that government, in and of itself, is the root of all human oppression. No wai, that's so silly I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On the other hand it's good to have a healthy fear of overly enforcing anything, even if you have good intentions. The Bolsheviks had good intentions, and so did Hitler.

Don't be like Hitler.

the world is full of conundrums, isn't it?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

i am not sure either. but i do know executive action is occasionally needed in order to keep shit off the proverbial fan.

i'm also fairly unsure of what morality even is, lol. but, i mean... is there anything we can or should do to keep another ten generations of the female species from being oppressed? what about the kids? i think about the kids, usually. poor guys.

the world is full of conundrums, isn't it?
    Well take for example the suggestion in another thread that straight people SHOULD be obligated to support gay rights. To me this is absurd, it is a violation of another person's morality. However, in reverse, it is a violation of the gay person's rights to condemn or interfere with them. So indifference is the only solution that I feel is moral, though I personally support gay rights, if it is against someone's religion I think the most moral thing they can do is to simply detach.

There are many issues liberals harp on that I have begun to feel this way about, even when I agree with them on that key issue, because it is unfair to demand that everyone conform to a basically Marxist ideal. You can't tell people what they SHOULD believe, however I think it is moral that they at least refrain from meddling in the affairs of others in a restrictive or unfair manner (i.e. people who actively try to fight against gays are violating human rights, but if they stayed home and simply avoided gays then that would be a different story entirely).

In cases where people are being tortured, raped, murdered, etc. yes there should be intervention, on the other hand I think there needs to be a fair balance. Like with government and business, I don't think either should get too powerful, and I think even good people can get carried away and become too forceful with a moral ideology.

My opinions have become a lot more moderate the more I've learned about the world, though my belief in human rights and freedom remains the same.