User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That I'd agree with, you also get a lot more reality checks in company than you do with only yourself and internal monologue/dialogue for confirmation of your suspiscions and thoughts.
    Yup! It sounds like that guy did just that with confirmation of his misguided thoughts. I feel like it's hard for anyone else to prevent similar series of events when people voluntarily place themselves in precarious positions because it's irrational to expect anyone other than the unstable loner to spot the unstable loner. Don't get me wrong; it's possible, but what can people do other than support a gun control clause? If this man only had access to a semiautomatic weapon, he probably wouldn't have even bothered to execute his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yup! It sounds like that guy did just that with confirmation of his misguided thoughts. I feel like it's hard for anyone else to prevent similar series of events when people voluntarily place themselves in precarious positions because it's irrational to expect anyone other than the unstable loner to spot the unstable loner. Don't get me wrong; it's possible, but what can people do other than support a gun control clause? If this man only had access to a semiautomatic weapon, he probably wouldn't have even bothered to execute his plan.
    I dont know, dick could've done plenty of damage with a sword or knife. When I was younger I remember some asshole planning to "get even" with his school by taking a flame thrower he'd created from a fire extinguisher and going on a rampage there, now this guy had left the school something like twenty years earlier, there was shit of a chance any pupils or teachers would be the same as the ones there when he attended but it didnt matter. He invaded the place during exams and burned the crap out of a bunch of kids before being chased away or taken down by teachers, I dont remember which. Good luck banning that as he invented the piece of crap. Improvised it. I'm betting the boobytrapped apartment is improvised devices, which you cant really ban either.

This is just one of those things, not sure there is an answer, it'd be great if we had the sorts of interaction opportunities of the fifties but then we had full employment, poverty and nothing like the diversions for sale there are for sale today.

Ginkgo

I dont know, dick could've done plenty of damage with a sword or knife. When I was younger I remember some asshole planning to "get even" with his school by taking a flame thrower he'd created from a fire extinguisher and going on a rampage there, now this guy had left the school something like twenty years earlier, there was shit of a chance any pupils or teachers would be the same as the ones there when he attended but it didnt matter. He invaded the place during exams and burned the crap out of a bunch of kids before being chased away or taken down by teachers, I dont remember which. Good luck banning that as he invented the piece of crap. Improvised it. I'm betting the boobytrapped apartment is improvised devices, which you cant really ban either.

This is just one of those things, not sure there is an answer, it'd be great if we had the sorts of interaction opportunities of the fifties but then we had full employment, poverty and nothing like the diversions for sale there are for sale today.
    o__o

Well then I guess we're back at square one. The difficulty is always essentially personal... Let's reach out and touch someone!

Does anyone have any live updates? First I dont know if the guy was apprehended or died at the scene, what's the story there? Also did they get into his apartment or just blow it up in a controlled explosion? If this guy is alive is he likely to be executed in this state or spend his life as bubba's bitch in some lock up?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Does anyone have any live updates? First I dont know if the guy was apprehended or died at the scene, what's the story there? Also did they get into his apartment or just blow it up in a controlled explosion? If this guy is alive is he likely to be executed in this state or spend his life as bubba's bitch in some lock up?
    Good lord....

http://news.google.com/
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Now ceecee you dont honestly believe I couldnt have googled it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Now ceecee you dont honestly believe I couldnt have googled it?
    Well, you are the second person today who has asked similar questions. Maybe it was just momentary rage and and I couldn't find a knife so I lashed out at you.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I watched some news coverage on it briefly. I had to turn it off for good because the journalists are just relentless in their attempts to sensationalize it. Anyways, I saw the mayor speak and he called the killer, I believe, "an abomination against nature". That irked me for some reason. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well, you are the second person today who has asked similar questions. Maybe it was just momentary rage and and I couldn't find a knife so I lashed out at you.
    Dont be thinking you can seduce me with your sweet talkin' now.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Other than the obvious one, my other problem with this is that people brought children to a midnight showing of this. I mean FFS, a 3-month old????!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I watched some news coverage on it briefly. I had to turn it off for good because the journalists are just relentless in their attempts to sensationalize it. Anyways, I saw the mayor speak and he called the killer, I believe, "an abomination against nature". That irked me for some reason. Thoughts?
    That's dramatic. An "abomination agaisnt nature" would be dropping atomic bombs on civilians because of a stubborn government. Or the heaps of trash out in the middle of the Pacific ocean.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”