First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Geez, seems like every time someone goes on a gun rampage INTP is the first guess. The Gabrielle Giffords guy, the Norway shooter, this guy...
    Actually, I would just consider one aspect of this to be "people that bottle." Basically, people who feel the system is unjust but don't have the social and personal skills necessary to rise above up and get anchored in relationships to help them work through the problems.

INTPs are great bottlers and can end up thinking this way. ISTJs are another vulnerable type for this way of thinking.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

I don't think this man's motivation was inspired by The Joker, the Batman, or any fictional character. His approach was calculated, rational, extreme, and self-serving. Yes, while these qualities resemble comic book characters, they serve as an indicator that he wasn't directly inspired by anything other than his own tragedies. Firing upon people watching a premier of Batman is an action taken to hurt as many people as possible, not an action taken to express some sort of clear ideology. He wanted to succeed in just dispatching people, even if it meant that he blow up his apartment complex with rigged explosives in an instance completely unrelated to the entertainment industry.

And anyway, Batman is a long-standing cultural phenomenon. Nobody just suddenly becomes a reactionary ideologue about a non-ideological icon introduced in childhood. Even in the wake of this new trilogy of films, there's nothing radical about Batman.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Let's guess his type!
    I'm new to this, but it seems to me that mental illness would upset whatever type he was originally? Seems somewhat pointless to type a psychopath?? I'd like to hear from the experts on this...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Let's guess his type!
    6w5 spsx!!!11!1

WALMART

@Siren ,

Well I will tell you what I was getting at. I read your (rightly undeveloped) opinion that it is easier to stab somebody than to shoot somebody in the context of mass murder. Now, having never fired a gun and only playing with knives, I have an inkling you have not invested much thought into notion of battle.

When I think of your position, I am reminded of Sir Lancelot's princess rescue attempt:

Having studied the video, one can see that even a mockery of relatively primitive battle is a time consuming, effortous affair. It simply lacks the efficiency modern technology provides.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    6w5 spsx!!!11!1
    omg no are you crazy why did you choose that over 5w6 spsosx?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i def get an sx read on him. are we talking about the real joker? lol or the boy-murderer? i haven't been following this thread too much.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If you didn't know whether we were talking about the joker or the murderer, then how can you say you got an sx read on him?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

well. i was talking about The Joker. Heath.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Since this thread is talking about the kid who murdered all those people in Aurora, we're talking about someone else... not even the actor who played the Joker in some movie.