First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    So you're proposing this guy could have killed 12 and injured an additional 60 by sneaking around the theatre while everyone is, what, high on heroin? Is this guy Solid Snake? You have to admit that's absurd.
    No, I said he could kill at least 12 people in a loud crowded theater before anyone noticed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    Knife control, huh? Even less likely than gun control. This is officially ridiculous.
    I wasn't seriously proposing knife control. It was a means of illustrating that guns are obviously more dangerous than knives.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Zpowers: if he couldn't have gotten a gun (which, even if we had tighter gun laws, he still would've been able to do, regardless, if he really wanted to), he could've very easily made an IED and blown up the whole fucking theatre, so your point is moot.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

All he needs is access to fertilizer and diesel fuel.

MBTI
    STUF

I don't think it's moot. a gun is definitely more dangerous than a knife, unless you're juggling.
    Whoops.

Speaking of knives, that would be pretty awesome if banning guns brought back knife, axe, and sword combat. That's one positive I see from it.

Unfortunately, banning guns wouldn't do that. They'd still be around. And in my experience, every person I knew who had used a gun with the intent to murder (or did murder) never bought their guns legally. And most were under 21 at the time to boot. They were all gangsters. And they didn't find 'daddy's pistol" in the closet. These were guns on the street. I could have bought them too, if I wanted to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Zpowers, if he couldn't have gotten a gun (which, even if we had tighter gun laws, he would've still been able to do, regardless, if he really wanted to), he could've very easily made an IED and blown up the whole fucking theatre, so your point is moot.
    Yes, this is true, but I was not making an argument that a gun is deadlier than an IED.

If someone is arguing that a dog is bigger than a mouse, claiming that an elephant is larger than either doesn't make the original point false.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I don't think it's moot. a gun is definitely more dangerous than a knife, unless you're juggling.
    Or swallowing.

teehee.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's important to know that when whack jobs go crazy, it's harder for them to kill 12 and injure 59 without easy access to firearms.

It takes a lot more time, planning, intelligence, and balls to kill or injure that many people with an axe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII

As I said, within 21 feet of each other, the person with the knife has the distinct advantage over the person with the gun. Therefore, within 21 feet, the knife is deadlier than the gun, in most cases.