User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

This is sort of close to where I live, I'd say 40 miles maybe. I never go through Aurora, but something like this can happen anywhere in any city. I can foresee some MAJOR changes happening across the country because of this. The anti-gun lobbyists of course will be all over this but other issues as well.

Just as Tennessee recently has been a beta-test for using TSA on Tennessee highways working jointly with the Tennessee highway patrol, it wouldn't surprise me to see TSA now start spreading out slowly but steadily to public places of business. Tightening security in shopping malls, auditoriums, civic centers , movie theaters,ect. with armed security and metal detectors, ect. I don't think we are yet at the point to where we have to go through metal detectors to go see a movie but with these type of events increasing I can see that day coming near.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know what kind of fantasy he's trying to promote? Like I said earlier, I think he's bringing in a dose of stark reality, and shitting on fantasy. He shows how easy it is to be a psychopath, and no Batman swinging from the ceiling to save the day. Instead, people get murdered, and even toddlers can't escape gunfire. Shooting babies is rarely in any fantasy.. even villains don't do that shit (they might kidnap babies and raise them to be assholes though).
    I noticed on the news today everyone is obsessing over his reason for doing this. In all cases like these, I think people don't understand there's usually not "reason" in the way they imagine there should be. This person is clearly sick. We have a very limited grasp of mental illness in our society.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII

If someone wants to be a mass murderer then taking away his gun won't stop him. It's actually easier to kill people with a knife.

You can make a homemade bomb very easily. Think how many people he could have killed with that. Perhaps we should be glad he had a gun.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    If someone wants to be a mass murderer then taking away his gun won't stop him. It's actually easier to kill people with a knife.

You can make a homemade bomb very easily. Think how many people he could have killed with that. Perhaps we should be glad he had a gun.
    Although I agree with the part that a psycho that wants to kill, will have plenty of ways of doing so. Having guns readily available will ofcourse enable them to do so without much effort. Making a home made bomb might be relatively easy, but you might be surprised how the extra effort needed might stop many a psychopath from going there. I think taking away his gun is definately one way to minimize, not eliminate, but minimize such occurances from happening.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You can't honestly think it'd be easier to commit mass murder with a knife over a gun. This is the silliest thing I've ever heard.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    You can't honestly think it'd be easier to commit mass murder with a knife over a gun. This is the silliest thing I've ever heard.
    How do you propose to take the gun out of the hand of the psychopath?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII

In a loud, crowded movie theater? Someone who wanted to could kill 12 people very easily and silently, before anyone else knew what was going on. A big butcher knife right in the base of the throat.

Check this out. http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapo...-valid-Part-1/

I hope that link works. If not, Google 21 foot knife vs. gun. At 21 feet, a trained gun carrier is at the disadvantage against a person holding a knife.

Edit: please note that the link seems to be debunking the 21 foot rule but they are talking about highly trained policemen, not average folks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    How do you propose to take the gun out of the hand of the psychopath?
    I don't say I was proposing I could. I was merely saying a gun is obviously a more effective and deadly weapon than a knife. Regardless of how you feel about guns, that much is basically undeniably true.

There's a reason the saying isn't "never bring a gun to a knife fight," and there's a reason there's not a major debate about knife control.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In a loud, crowded movie theater? Someone who wanted to could kill 12 people very easily and silently, before anyone else knew what was going on. A big butcher knife right in the base of the throat.

Check this out. http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapo...-valid-Part-1/

I hope that link works. If not, Google 21 foot knife vs. gun. At 21 feet, a trained gun carrier is at the disadvantage against a person holding a knife.
    So you're proposing this guy could have killed 12 and injured an additional 60 by sneaking around the theatre while everyone is, what, high on heroin? Is this guy Solid Snake? You have to admit that's absurd.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LII

There's a reason the saying isn't "never bring a gun to a knife fight," and there's a reason there's not a major debate about knife control.
    Knife control, huh? Even less likely than gun control. This is officially ridiculous.