User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    wonder what would have happened if some people had their guns on them inside the theater?
    With a heavily armored gunman, in a dark theatre with a very loud movie, with vision impaired by tear gas and the same strongly agitating your eyes, nose and throat, and surrounded pretty closely by almost exclusively innocents, not to mention the general sense of fear and adrenaline anyone would feel in that situation?

Even an experienced gun owner would have difficulty firing with any accuracy in a situation that incredibly disorienting, and in a room that crowded that's a very dangerous thing. In this situation, they'd probably be as likely, if not more likely, to shoot an innocent bystander than the gunman.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    In this situation, they'd probably be as likely, if not more likely, to shoot an innocent bystander than the gunman.
    A shitty situation, but still marginally better. I'll take it. Ymmv.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Isn't there a psychological concept where someone who is extremely isolated because of a terrible life existance to the point of being delusional where they become emerged into that fantasy world by turning it into a reality that was supposed to be just escapism? Some fandom geeks can get a bit too overboard at times to the point of them looking like religious fanaticism. Believe me...I've seen a few. O.o This is not different. I feel for the families and friends of the victims.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Isn't there a psychological concept where someone who is extremely isolated because of a terrible life existance to the point of being delusional where they become emerged into that fantasy world by turning it into a reality that was supposed to be just escapism? Some fandom geeks can get a bit too overboard at times to the point of them looking like religious fanaticism. Believe me...I've seen a few. O.o This is not different. I feel for the families and friends of the victims.
    I don't know what kind of fantasy he's trying to promote? Like I said earlier, I think he's bringing in a dose of stark reality, and shitting on fantasy. He shows how easy it is to be a psychopath, and no Batman swinging from the ceiling to save the day. Instead, people get murdered, and even toddlers can't escape gunfire. Shooting babies is rarely in any fantasy.. even villains don't do that shit (they might kidnap babies and raise them to be assholes though).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know what kind of fantasy he's trying to promote? Like I said earlier, I think he's bringing in a dose of stark reality, and shitting on fantasy. He shows how easy it is to be a psychopath, and no Batman swinging from the ceiling to save the day. Instead, people get murdered, and even toddlers can't escape gunfire. Shooting babies is rarely in any fantasy.. even villains don't do that shit (they might kidnap babies and raise them to be assholes though).
    What the crap! 4 month old? *REALLY goes to read it* Kids?! That's like totally taboo in comic books to shoot and kill kids.

This makes me so angry!!!! I can't believe they would do that to so many lives!!!
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What, besides paranoid schizophrenia?

Considering how many people have been involved in fantasy and comics and how RARE this kind of thing is belies the fact that it's the fantasy; it's the extreme wacko who does this kind of thing, whether it's escapist literature or religion or whatever else one submerges oneself into. even the supposed D&D psychos who "lost themselves in a fantasy world" back in the 80's seems to be urban legend.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No one does this kind of thing because they like Doom or Batman. However seriously a fan of these things may be, they plainly understand them to be fictions, and fictions that offer no eternal salvation or even a set of instructions on how to live one's life. They do it because they are crazed sociopaths.

If people like this weren't fans of Batman or Doom or Marilyn Manson, they'd just be a fan of some other thing and still kill a bunch of people. To say people stumble over pop culture and become twisted nut jobs is utterly backwards: They already are a twisted nut job, and then they stumble over pop culture.

I mean, when they contacted this Holmes character's mom, her immediate response was "You've got the right guy." I think maybe there's something more wrong with him than he goes by the comic store a little too often.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

This reminds me of a cool panel when 9/11 happened.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Columbine was kind of the end of the school shooting era. There were more school shootings before that, since then there's a heightened awareness and they often stop them before they start.

As far as mass shootings outside schools, they just seem random and have occurred for decades. "Going postal" wasn't just getting mad back in the late 80s.

Virginia Tech? There's more to come, give it time.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i guess the killer was in some phd program but he withdrew. wonder what his grades were. did things start getting intense for him that he suffered a mental break down and experienced psychosis? did he believe that everyone was mocking him?

he kinda died in the massacre as well, he had potential.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee