User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    As a person from Michigan, I was going to make a joke about Canadians and their awful driving, but then I remembered that pretty much everyone south of Ohio is a heinous driver. Still, I'm wary of those Ontario and Quebec plates.
    I think it's the "driving in a foreign location overwhelmed with the volume of new information" making people bad drivers.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

In the race to the bottom of driving skills nobody beats the people of Vancouver, British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe you're a perfectly fine duck just waiting to take off the tux...!
    If it walks like a socially-awkward penguin, talks like a socially-awkward penguin... probably a socially-awkward penguin.

A couple real-life examples:

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

'Merka can take criticism, and much is deserved. After all, we elected GW Bush twice.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Hello? Hello? Is anybody home? Think McFly, think!

I didn't say you did, I said Red Herring did.

The fact that you "take umbrage" with ANYTHING I've said is just proof positive that Red Herring was correct in the first place. The fact that you just don't get it is what I and everyone else (judging by the number of 'reps' I quickly got) find terribly amusing.

Go back and read what you wrote, think about why you wrote it, and then read what everyone else wrote too to give your comments context. Red Herring said she finds Americans very quick to overreact to any perceived criticism. Amargith said she noticed it too, and notes that to be as sensitive and 'patriotic' in Belgium would seem ridiculous. Red Herring agreed and compared Amargith's Belgian example to the playful patriotism that Germans exhibit at sporting events. Then YOU got all "IN THE U.S. PATRIOTISM MEANS MORE THAN THAT", as if she'd told you to fuck your own mother.

Randomnity came in to try and smooth things over by pointing out the obvious: that Red Herring was talking about Germany not about the U.S., to which you replied with a snarky "Good."

Can you REALLY not tell that everyone else would perceive your posts as feeding right back into that goofy jingoistic stereotype Red Herring brought up in the first place?
    If I didn't mean it I wouldn't have written it.

I frankly don't give one red fuck what my posts feed into.

If I'm quick to react, it's because the commentary on the US from outsiders seems (on this forum) to be disproportionally colored by negative opinions. If the US wasn't the only superpower left you guys wouldn't give two shits about US.

But we are still a superpower, and ripping on us (as always) still gives one lefty cred.

Where are the 10 things most canadians don't know, or french, or english, or whatever.

There aren't any. It's not fun being painted into a corner by those that don't live in the US, and who have a less than stellar understanding about all the good things we do for the World.

If you are waiting for me to buy into the narrative of US decline, or to buy into your worldview that seems to highlight our faults while taking no account our strengths, don't hold your breath.

I'm stoked on America and will be in her corner until I no longer breathe.

I don't talk shit on other countries, because I think most other countries are pretty God damn awesome.

I have nothing more to say here, any people can hate me if they want to for my opinions on the subject.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I have nothing more to say here, any people can hate me if they want to for my opinions on the subject.
    we hear you, no one hates you silly!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh lord.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

LOL

I can't tell if DicsoBiscuit is running down the list of "10 things" and doing everything he can to make us all think they're bang on, or if he's really that oblivious.

Going on wild tangents and diatribes make you sound like a fool, pal.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I think this is a good time to remember Nr 2. nobody really hates America(ns)

...except perhaps fellow americans? j/k

Honestly, I'm more curious about this than wanting to harp particularly on people because of it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Going on wild tangents and diatribes make you sound like a fool, pal.
    To you maybe.